- lbporterAsked on April 10, 2017 at 11:30 AM
I have integrated my jotform with salesforce and mapped fields but I don't see my submission in salesforce platform? Am I missing a step? Will jotform submission auto create a new lead w corresponding fields? Or do I need to use a third app like Zapier?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 12:52 PM
As far as I could see, your form is integrated properly with Salesforce. In the Duplicate Check dropdown, you have selected the "Always Update Existing Entry" option. This feature will use the email field in the form. If the submitted email address is already on your list, then that lead will be updated with the new data.
If you'd like to see if the integration is working, I would suggest providing a unique email address which is not yet added to your list.
The integration should work, you do not need to use Zapier unless you want to trigger an additional action when a submission is made in the form.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- lbporterAnswered on April 11, 2017 at 02:16 PM
Yes. I understand that my existing records will be updated if they have the same email address in the email field.
But if there is no corresponding existing record will a brand new lead be created automatically? Or do I need a third party app?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 11, 2017 at 03:24 PM
Yes, the lead will be created automatically. You do not need Zapier or any third party services to do this. Jotform will automatically do it for you. Just please configure the integration correctly. Let us know if you need anything else.
- lbporterAnswered on April 12, 2017 at 08:36 AM
Thanks Welvin. I appreciate the help. Our org also wants to be able to map fields from one our forms to opportunities (after they're converted from leads). Is it possible to map form fields to opportunities?
- lbporterAnswered on April 12, 2017 at 09:25 AMHi again. I just spoke with our salesforce building team. The form attached is currently integrated correctly with salesforce but no info is being imported and no new leads are being created. Will you check on this for me and let me know what the issues are? Thank you. https://form.jotform.me/70463484634460
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 12, 2017 at 11:20 AM
Unfortunately, you can only select Contacts, Leads, and Account. The "Opportunities" is not yet supported.
As for the issue with no new lead being added, I have moved that into a separate thread. Here's the link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1117599.