- StAnneHoustonAsked on April 10, 2017 at 01:26 PM
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 01:58 PM
You can set the Single Choice field as required in the Properties page. Here's how:
1. Open your form and select the Single Choice field.
2. Click the Properties button.
3. In the General tab, enable the Required feature.
Hope that helps. If you have questions, please contact us again.
- StAnneHoustonAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 03:05 PM
I am aware of that option, and it does not solve the dilemma.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 03:54 PM
If you have a "Single Choice" field or a "Radio Button" field, you can only select 1 answer. Now, if this field is set to "Required", then the form cannot be submitted without selecting an option.
Please provide more details about the problem so that we can assist you properly. Also, please share the form ID/form URL.
We'll wait for your reply. Thank you.
- StAnneHoustonAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 03:57 PM
I want to have more than one (multiple) Single Choice field and the user is required to select only one radial button out of the options presented.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 04:41 PM
In the Single Choice field, can the user select any option or would you like to force the user to select a specific option?
I apologize, but we need to get the form ID or form URL so that we can see the actual issue.
We'll wait for your response. Thank you.
- StAnneHoustonAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 04:43 PM
Ideally, want the user to be required to select one of the committees, ministries, organizations options. But, is not required to select from every single choice field.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 05:49 PM
I checked your form and the single choice fields are still not set as required.
To my understanding, you want to have more than one single choice field and the user will only select one radio button out of the options presented. You can use the Show and Hide conditions. Here's a guide: How-to-Show-or-Hide-Fields-Base-on-User-s-Answer
Here's a demo form: https://form.jotformpro.com/70996431777976. Sample result:
You can clone the demo form to check the conditions configuration. Here's a screenshot of the conditions:
Here's a guide on how to clone a form: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
If you have questions, please contact us again. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 06:59 PM
Your latest response did not get through. Please retry sending again using this link https://www.jotform.com/answers/1115681
- StAnneHoustonAnswered on April 11, 2017 at 11:32 AM
Thanks... this may be the what I'm looking for... I will deep dive this today