- GCjotformsAsked on April 11, 2017 at 10:01 AM
I've read some where you can pre-populate fields in a form based on another form's data. I have a situation where I'm trying to pull together data from two forms to send out to members in our organization.
We are using Jotform to help reboot our HR onboarding processes. I've created 3 test forms listed below to demonstrate what I want to do.
1. Supervisor fills out this form to alert HR he/she has made a new hire and we need to begin the onboarding process: https://form.jotformpro.com/71003794760960
2. HR will then send this form to the new hire so that he/she can provide personal details we need to create accounts and resources: https://form.jotformpro.com/71003406460947
3. Once HR has cleared the new hire for employment with background check, I'd like HR to send this third form that will all HR to provide data, but also pull in and pre-populate some of the other data already provided by the supervisor and the new hire: https://form.jotformpro.com/71003438360951
Is there any way to accomplish this with entering unique IDs that could be populated on the first two forms or something?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on April 11, 2017 at 12:18 PM
Data can only be passed from one form to another. It is not possible to pass data from two forms to third form.
However you can pass data from the first form to the second form and then from the second form to the third form. Inside of this guide you can find how to do it.
If you only need to prepopulate your forms and not to pass data from one form to another, then you can use prepopulate app or prepopulate fields via URL parameters:
Another possible solution is to create approval form. You can check the steps provided by my colleague here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/401633#401648 to see how can this be done.
You can also search for some other methods into our support forum: http://www.jotform.com/answers/search.php?search=approval+workflow.
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.