- peachpotatoAsked on July 08, 2012 at 02:43 AM
I've created a form where my customers can redeem their group deal offer / voucher / coupon. The customer is able to choose which date they would like their deliveries made but I'd like to limit the days that the deliveries can be made to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Is there a way to do this using jotform?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 08, 2012 at 06:39 AM
Are you meaning to limit the 'selection' days only? If this is the case, you can simply use a dropdown field then use MWF as the only option days...
If not, can you explain more where you want to limit the days?
You may have to use the form source code, then infuse some custom functions that will check the days of the date (if date fall on MWF...)
Please inform us if you need further assistance.
- peachpotatoAnswered on July 08, 2012 at 09:00 PM
Thanks for your message. If you have a look at http://www.peachpotato.com.au/offer/ about halfway down where the dates are - once the customer clicks on the calendar icon, I want all Tuesdays and Thursdays to be blocked out so they can only choose a delivery date that falls on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
I've seen this done on other websites (can't remember which ones) and hoping to replicate it!
Also, is there a way that they can only choose delivery dates between Monday July 30 and Wednesday October 31?
Thanks for your help!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 09, 2012 at 05:39 AM
This would require using the form source code embed and create custom functions outside JotForm that can Check Dates.
I will try if I can create some similar application. But this will be outside of JotForm already, just want to inform you ahead.
- peachpotatoAnswered on July 09, 2012 at 06:31 PM
Thanks Jonathan, very much appreciated! Just let me know where to place the code and I'll do it. Thanks again for all of your help.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 09, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Is this what you are looking for? http://idarktech.com/my_calendar_test/Block_Days_Calendar.html
Let me know if this is OK with you so I can try to implement it with your form's source code. This uses an outside script/files from JotForm so you have to upload these files to your server and then embed.
We'll wait for your reply. Thanks.
- peachpotatoAnswered on July 09, 2012 at 11:52 PM
That's exactly right, thank you! Could you please make the colour scheme orange and also block out Saturdays and Sundays?
As above, clients should only be able to select dates between Monday July 30 and Wednesday October 31.
Thanks a bunch!
- peachpotatoAnswered on July 09, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Also, can the box be split into three? "day" "month" "year"? Please and thank you!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM
I'll try to implement it but it may take some time, also I can't assure you that I can add your last requests but I'll try. ;)
We'll keep you posted. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 10, 2012 at 05:18 AM
Here, I have implemented it to your form.
Download the complete files here: http://idarktech.com/test/final/final_form.zip
Make available dates to "Bold", so it can be viewed more clearer than disabled dates
Change the theme to orange
Disable Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
Set minimum date to July 30 and Maximum to Octoer 31 2012
Split input box to three
Hope this helps. Thank you!
- peachpotatoAnswered on July 10, 2012 at 07:02 PM
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM
There are two ways to add it on your site, it's either using iframe embed or post the link of your form. If you'd like to embed it as iframe, you have to upload first the complete files to your host and then use this iframe code for embedding:
<iframe allowtransparency="true" src="http://yourwebsite.com/form.html" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:1221px; border:none;" scrolling="auto"></iframe>
Just replace the bolded URL to your form URL.
Hope this helps and thank you for your compliments. Have a pleasant day!
- banMedoAnswered on July 11, 2012 at 09:05 AM
Thanks for the tips, its working good in my website. Your are awesome, We will hope that you can join in our team.
Do you have another sample of work?
Good job idarktech,
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Glad to hear it works for you. :)
I really appreciate your offer but I already have my very helpful team here in JotForm. Besides, I find this job very helpful not just financially but also I love the way I evolved here with my colleague's supports. :)
Should you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us anytime. Thanks!
- peachpotatoAnswered on July 12, 2012 at 04:49 AM
BigCommerce won't let me upload website files. Is there a script I can just add to the site?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 12, 2012 at 07:31 AM
Apologies but it can't be embedded as scripts as there are many scripts running on this codes, I'm afraid this would cause code conflict between your site and the form. I would strongly recommend embedding this as iframe. Since form is called in iframe, it would not create any conflicts on your page.
Is there any hosting sites that you could upload the files? How about on your domain, don't you have hosting server? If you can't get one, you may try 000webhost.com or you may google it. There's a lot more dedicated free web hosting over the internet. ;)
If you run into any problems, please let me know. Thank you! :)
- peachpotatoAnswered on July 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM
please help! the form is not displaying correctly once it is submitted. the address field doesnt come up and I dont know which item the customer has picked!
could you please:
1) fix the form submission thing that comes to my email
2) remove the options under the date so first delivery date they will get plumpkin and jazira arde cous cous, second they will receive pepo daal curry, campur pilaf and packed peppers
- peachpotatoAnswered on July 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM
3) the customer should not be able toplace an order on the current date only on the next available delivery date
please treast this matter as urgent, thank you so much
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 16, 2012 at 02:09 AM
1. Recreating your form notification should fixed it. I can see that your form notification doesn't contain all form variables. Just delete your existing notificationand then recreate a new one. Please update me about this.
2. It is very easy to edit your form and remove some HTML lines :). You just need to open your form.html file to any html editing tools you have like notepad ornotead++. Search for that option names and then remove them. Anyway, I have made the changes for you. Please check number 3.
3. Added. Get the new copy of your form.html here: http://idarktech.com/test/final/form.zip
I have also updated the preview: http://idarktech.com/test/final/index.html
Hope this helps. Thank you!
- peachpotatoAnswered on July 16, 2012 at 05:35 AM
hi there! Thank you :) I did what you said but now I'm not receiving any email notifications!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 16, 2012 at 06:32 AM
I can see here that there are still missing form variables with your form notification, did you save your form?. Would you mind if I would do the form notification recreation for you?
Also, I have noticed that you've deleted some of the fields on your form. Please take note that deleting these fields would not reflect to the previously downloaded form source code. You have to re-update again your form source code by deleting those HTML codes to match it with the current state of your form, which is now a more laborious, honestly.
Please let me know so I can proceed in recreating your form notification. Thanks!
- FARNETAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 09:23 AMHi, I see this was very helpful for other users, so I will try my luck too;-)in our form, which is used to confirm attendance of participants to a seminar, we have an issue with our date & time power tool because the years range from 1920 to 2012... I guess this is pretty basic but ideally we would like to block the month to November and year to 2012, only leaving inputs possible for need the days and time fields. Or alternatively have a larger, more visible, automated calendar and the time fields.Many, many thanks in advance!Serge
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 09:39 AM
Can you please share the URL of the form? We'll be glad to look into a solution for you!
- FARNETAnswered on October 01, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Hi, thanks for the feedback!
so as mentioned above, whenever a "time + date" field appears (in "flight information" and "train information"), we would like to use either a stand alone automated calendar (but larger than the icon provided at this moment) or, the classic date + time dropdowns but blocked for the month (november) and year (12).
Thanks, A LOT ;-)!
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on October 01, 2012 at 01:06 PM
You can do this if you would like use the drop down date+time dropdowns if you embed the form using HTML source code.
You can do this by following this guide.
Once you have embeded the page, you would need to delete the lines of code which give the user all the options. (PLease see image bellow) Only leave the choices that you would like to give the user.
Please let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance.