- tedhatchAsked on April 22, 2017 at 05:06 PM
Originally I set up my form to go to a specific Thank You page URL after Submit. That worked fine. But then I added a Conditional Redirect to go to a different URL under a certain condition, and every time that condition is met I get "server not found". Attached is a screen shot of the error message.
-- Ted Hatch
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 22, 2017 at 06:30 PM
I checked your condition and the link there is not good:
Please try inserting the proper link and if it still doesn't work let us know what is the URL you want to redirect to.
- tedhatchAnswered on April 22, 2017 at 10:43 PM
Here is how I set up the Conditional Redirect. As you can see, I want to
go to http://www.heritagechorale.org/fair/FormReturnCorner.html
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on April 23, 2017 at 01:01 AM
I have now changed the link in the Thank You Page condition with the link you provided. Here's the result:
Please do get back to us if you have questions. Thank you.
- tedhatchAnswered on April 23, 2017 at 10:43 AMThank you. It works now. But I don't understand why it didn't work
initially, because I typed in exactly the same URL as you did. For some
reason, my original typed-in URL was converted to a complicated string as
you saw in my original error message (attached). Do you know why my
original typed-in URL was converted like that?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 23, 2017 at 10:59 AM
The percentage is usually inserted instead of some special characters, but not sure why it would appear for your URL.
I'm glad, though, that it is working now for you.
If you have any further questions please let us know.
- tedhatchAnswered on April 23, 2017 at 12:43 PMThere is still a problem. Apparently, when a link URL is entered for a
Conditional Redirect, the URL is converted (special characters are replaced
by percent stuff). However, if the same URL is entered as a Thank You
link, this conversion does not happen.
I created a new form called Test Corner. It has only one field: Corner
equals Yes or No. This time I reversed the Thank You link and the
Conditional link, so the Thank You link goes to
http://www.heritagechorale.org/fair/FormReturnCorner.html and the
Conditional link (if Corner is No) goes to
When I run the form and choose Corner = Yes it works OK, but Corner = No
gives "server not found". I tried this with 4 different browsers, and they
all got some kind of error when Corner = No, so this is not a
I believe your system has a bug when entering Conditional Redirect links.
It should not convert special characters to percent-form.
Below you can see how I set up the Thank You link, how I set up the
Conditional Redirect link for Corner = No, and the Error screen I got when
choosing Corner = No.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on April 23, 2017 at 02:45 PM
Hey Ted, you're correct. When I did a test submission on your test form 71124128984155, I noticed the following:
1. If I pick YES, the Thank You page redirects to http://www.heritagechorale.org/fair/FormReturnCorner.html properly
2. If you pick NO, this time used with a Condition, the Thank You page doesn't redirect to http://www.heritagechorale.org/fair/FormReturnRegular.html
I've escalated this to our Devs and although I won't be able to give you any timeframe, rest assured, we'll keep you apprised on this same thread when there's an update. Thanks for reporting this to us.
- tedhatchAnswered on April 23, 2017 at 03:43 PMThanks. Please let me know when the problem is fixed.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on April 23, 2017 at 04:17 PM
We just got a word that the issue should be fixed now. Please do a minor change on your form to trigger a save. Then afterwards, test your form and let us know how it goes.
- tedhatchAnswered on April 24, 2017 at 09:43 AMThe problem still occurs. I added a field "NewOption" to form "Test
Corner", and changed the Conditional Redirect to be triggered if NewOption
equals "Redirect". Using the form, I chose NewOption = Redirect and got an
error as before. The redirect link URL was converted to percent codes for
special characters, which is wrong. See screen shots below.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 24, 2017 at 11:32 AM
Our apologies. Yes, I was able to replicate the same problem. The URL is correct in the conditional logic, but the redirect still points to the incorrect URL string.
I have reopened the ticket. If there are updates, you should know it through this thread.
- tedhatchAnswered on April 25, 2017 at 01:43 PMDo you have any information on a fix for this problem?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on April 25, 2017 at 03:09 PM
Hi again Ted, I just submitted a test submission on your test form 71124128984155 and it redirected me to http://www.heritagechorale.org/fair/FormReturnCorner.html as intended:
To double check this, I also cloned your test form and did another submission on my cloned copy this time and that also worked:
Can you do some tests from your end and confirm if the issue still exists? As far as I can see it's working now.
After doing your own tests and it still doesn't work, can you try clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if that will help? I already cleared your Form Cache from our end just in case. Kindly keep us posted.
- tedhatchAnswered on April 25, 2017 at 05:43 PMOK, I will try more tests when I get some time. But could someone at
JotForm please do this: Create a new form (DON'T clone mine), add one
field with two choices Yes or No, then define a Conditional Return link
that goes to https://www.google.com/maps if Yes is selected. Then use the
form and select Yes. See if that works for you.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on April 25, 2017 at 09:09 PM
That's good to know, Ted, and we will appreciate if you could let us know of any result of your tests.
With regards to your request, I created a new form in my account. I added a radio button field with just two choices, "Yes" and "No". Then, I created a condition that when "Yes" is selected from the radio button field, the form should be redirected to https://www.google.com/maps upon submission.
I tested the form and it worked perfectly.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will be glad to help you further.
- tedhatchAnswered on April 26, 2017 at 05:43 PMThanks for running my suggested test, Mike_G.
Today I did the following (1) created a new form called Test Conditional
Return, set Conditional Return link as www.google.com/maps, ran the form
and it failed with server not found (the slash character had been changed
to a percent code) - this incorrect behavior is what I've been seeing. (2)
Went to a different browser (Edge), made sure its cache, cookies, etc were
cleared, created new form called Edge Test Form, set Conditional Return
same as above, ran the form and it worked fine. (3) Went back to Firefox
(my usual browser) and cleared the cache, history, cookies, etc. Then
created a new form called Firefox Test Form with Conditional Return same as
above, ran the form and it worked fine.
So I guess you (Jim_R) are correct, that something was remembered in my
Firefox cache or cookies which was causing the problem in handling of the
Conditional Return link URL.
I plan to delete the various forms I used to investigate this problem, but
will wait a day or so before doing that to see if any of you have a comment.
I also have a request: I am new to JotForm and I like the functionality,
but it seems I have used up quite a few "Submissions" in order to
investigate this Conditional Return problem. Since I only get 100 free
submissions per month, and I am still developing and testing the REAL form
that I want to use for my website, and other people will also be testing it
soon, would it be possible for you to reset my monthly "Submissions" back
to zero so I don't bump into the limit of 100 before I have finished
development? That would be much appreciated.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 26, 2017 at 07:01 PM
I have reset your submissions limit back to zero. You are all good now. Feel free to test again. I am still getting the error despite clearing my browser preferences in Google Chrome.
Can you test this form: https://www.jotform.com/71157662446965? Let me know the result.
- tedhatchAnswered on April 27, 2017 at 09:43 AMThanks, Welvin, for resetting my Submissions to zero.
I tried your form, chose the Redirect option, and it said Server Not
Found. The special characters in the rediect URL had been converted to
I think the problem occurs at the time the Redirect URL is entered into the
Form Definition. Under some circumstances (I don't know what they are)
this URL gets converted to percent-codes, and it is stored that way in the
Form Definition. So all uses of that form will encounter the error (if
Redirect option is chosen).
I assume software engineers at JotForm are looking at the code to see why
this occurs. Is there any progress?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 27, 2017 at 10:49 AM
Yes, that's the error. The ticket is already assigned. However, we don't have an update about it yet. If there's any, our developers will let you know here.
- JotForm DevelopererhanAnswered on May 25, 2017 at 04:18 AM
We fixed this issue some time ago. However, you need to rewrite your redirect URLs again in conditions to see it working. Please let us know if the problem still persists.
- tedhatchAnswered on May 25, 2017 at 09:43 AMI'll have to take your word for it. I stopped trying to use that feature.