- CAdaProducaoAsked on July 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I am building a form for all the sdutents for my engineering course.
We have 10 semesters and each one has ~7 disciplines.
I want to build a form that the person choose the semester and then the discipline.
So he choose the file and upload to specified folder.
Example: 1º Período/Cálculo I/file_uploaded
I only succeeded when I created a form for each semester, but that is just not good enough. Any way to do in one form?
I did the integration with the dropbox, but it can be done with only one form menu.
- CAdaProducaoAnswered on July 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I checked that if the name of the fielder is "First Semester/Calculus" the JotForm will create a folder "First Semester" then inside it it will create another one "Calculus" and upload the file inside this last one.
Therefore, if I could in one text label get the name from the checked fielder (condition) I could integrate that text label with the dropbox, so I would have a dynamic integration.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Uploaded files are are stored on your Dropbox account following this folder hierarchy
--- Form Name/Title
--- Specified Folder Name (taken from values entered in a form field)
Submission data PDF (same file name as folder)
I can say that your current set up is the best way to go. If you're concerned about using up your monthly submission allocation because of the need to press submit twice, here's what I propose:
- Remove the submit button in your first form
- Embed the 'semester' forms in the first form using Free Text HTML tool
- Hide these 'semester' forms using conditions and have them displayed only if the corresponding 'Periodo' is selected in the drop down menu.
Check out this sample form to see what I mean:
- CAdaProducaoAnswered on July 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM
That is a good idea and will really help my submissions!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM
You are very much welcome!