- Advolink1Asked on April 25, 2017 at 04:07 AM
The navigation on my form when using the Form Tabs Widget is very odd. When I have validation "on", it is sporadic results as to where the navigation takes user. When I turn "off" validation, no issue. Can you please help me understand what I am doing incorrectly? Currently, I have navigation turned off for functionality purposes.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 25, 2017 at 04:26 AM
Could you please provide more information about this issue since I'm not sure what you are referring to, do you have a problem when some of your fields in the form are required? Or is it something else?
Please let us know.
- Advolink1Answered on April 25, 2017 at 10:29 AM
Yes. I have a problem when some of my fields in the form are required!
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 25, 2017 at 11:48 AM
I understand, but can you give us more information about what exactly is happening?
If it is easier you can share the screenshot as well, here is how to do that:
1) Go to this link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1127872
2) Click this icon:
- Advolink1Answered on April 25, 2017 at 12:53 PM
It is this simple...SPORADIC NAVIGATION RESULTS are produced when I have required turned on for fields. When I have required turned on, when I click on navigation tabs, there is no telling where I will end up in my form!
So, to ask me to send a screen shot is a total waste of time! My issue is not unheard of with this widget! It doesn't get any more clear than that as it is RANDOM!
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 25, 2017 at 02:43 PM
I'm sorry and I understand your frustration, but it's hard to troubleshoot when random issues like this occur.
I tested your form several times but wasn't able to replicate the problem. Form navigates properly and I didn't see anything odd in submission.
From what you said I understood that if the fields are required when you navigate through the form your form is showing differently than when they are not required, is that correct?
- Advolink1Answered on April 25, 2017 at 03:20 PM
Navigation is the only thing not performing as expected. You are correct that it is performing correctly because I HAVE TURNED OFF ALL REQUIRED fields. If you turn on REQUIRED, navigation screws up! Clear?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 25, 2017 at 04:36 PM
My apologies, I forgot to mention that I cloned your form and then tested the behavior with required fields enabled and disabled and I didn't notice any irregularity.
But I'll run some additional tests and I'll get back to you if I'm able to replicate this problem.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 26, 2017 at 06:27 AM
I tested your form more, and here is my result:
1) When the fields are required:
2) When the fields are not required:
I couldn't find anything different in those two versions.
If you can point us which part of the form is not showing properly, which tab so we can narrow down the tests.
- Advolink1Answered on April 26, 2017 at 12:03 PM
OK. Now, open the Forms Tab widget. Under Widget Settings, set Allow the Form Heading to be shown above the tabs? to "NO". That's when results are sporadic!
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 26, 2017 at 01:46 PM
That option was already set to "No" while I was testing. So it is the combination of fields being required and that option set to No.
I'll try to test more but it's hard since I don't know what to expect actually.
I'll get back to you with my findings.