- usksgAsked on April 25, 2017 at 07:24 PM
I'm confused about how encryption is supposed to work. Now I don't know how to read the form submission because it's all gibberish. Please help!Page URL:
- IanAnswered on April 25, 2017 at 11:05 PM
You need to decrypt the data the view the submission in readable form.
Please follow the steps provided at https://www.jotform.com/help/344-Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them to decrypt the data.
You can directly look for the section How do we decrypt the text in the submissions panel to see it? on the said url
Hope this helps.
- usksgAnswered on April 26, 2017 at 02:43 AMI already followed those but it just doesn't work. When I first encrypted
the form, I didn't even get to download any key. Frankly, the modal that
appears when I selected 'Yes' is so obscure I didn't know what was
Anyway, it doesn't prompt me anymore when I try to view the submission.
This is really getting frustrating.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on April 26, 2017 at 04:15 AM
I checked your form (https://form.jotform.com/50331752122947) and I noticed that you have disabled the encryption of that form. That's the reason why it is not prompting for the key anymore.
However, I can see that my colleague has already answered your concern about the encrypted submission in this thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1128617.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- usksgAnswered on April 26, 2017 at 07:43 AMI turned off encryption because I couldn't get it to work. Even when I did
turn it back on to try to view the encrypted form response again, if does
not prompt me. At all. And so I'm still unable to unencrypt the data that
is all gibberish.
Please just stop assuming I'm stupid and actually help try to find out
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on April 26, 2017 at 08:26 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience. Without the encryption key, the submission data cannot be encrypted. I will have to escalate this issue to our development team and see if they can try and fix the submission data of your form. We will inform you on this thread any updates to the issue.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 05:02 AM
Could you please send your private key to me (eee at jotform.com), so I can decrypt your existing data?