- ZaluAdminAsked on April 27, 2017 at 02:11 AM
Another subsequent question.
In my screenshot above, I am not getting the 2 fields (givenName & FamilyName) to populate in the mail header.
I have disabled and hide many fields in the edit page ( and these 2 are part of it) as the edit page is only for HOD to give his/her approval and don't allow HOD to alter any info.
Jotform will only able to read from fields which are enabled & visible only?
Also is it possible to make the fields read only in the edit page? I am not able to find that option in the conditioning section.
- SvenAnswered on April 27, 2017 at 04:00 AM
That's correct, it's because those fields are disabled on edit, so you won't be able to populate the email header with them.
You can disable the fields on edit, which is what you've already done, this will make them read only. Otherwise, it's not possible to make them read only on eidt using conditional logic.
I hope this answers your questions, please get back to us if you need any further help.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 27, 2017 at 04:35 AM
To what my colleague said I would like to add, regarding making the fields read-only on edit, there is a workaround that you can use:
1) Add another field that will be like duplicate of the original one,
2) Make a condition to copy the value from the original to duplicate,
3) Make duplicate field Read-only:
4) Use Get from page URL Widget to show the read-only duplicated field and hide the original one when the form is edited:
Hope this helps.
- ZaluAdminAnswered on April 27, 2017 at 08:52 PM
Thank you both.
I guess I will have to go down the path of duplicating the fields..