- ChayabAsked on May 01, 2017 at 03:40 PM
As part of our approval system, we use the edit link to approve., using hidden fields However, when I click edit link to approve, I am redirected to the filled in form, but it's missing the "hidden" fields where I am supposed to either approve or reject the form.
- ChayabAnswered on May 01, 2017 at 04:19 PM
Also, experiencing the same thing on this form: https://form.jotform.us/Chayab/charidy-consulting-agreement
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 01, 2017 at 05:39 PM
The way how you structure the form is incorrect. I am not sure how you got it to work, but page break and section collapse cannot be shown in the edit link when their visibility is set to "Hidden" in the form builder.
I would suggest editing your form.
1. Remove the page break.
2. Set the visibility of the form collapse to "Visible".
3. Add a textbox field after the submit button. Label the field with "Approval Code" or something that suits you, but don't use the term "password" because that will trigger our system to auto suspend your account. Set this field to hide from its properties.
Properties (gear icon) > Advanced tab > Hide field to On.
4. Add a conditional logic to show the Form Collapse when the Textbox field is filled with your desired code. Example:
In the edit link, you should be able to see the hidden field.
Here are demos you can check;
Form URL: https://www.jotform.com/71207137995967
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- ChayabAnswered on May 03, 2017 at 04:43 PMThank you! This has been very helpful. For some reason though, once the
form is approved or denied, the person who completed the form does not
receive an email notification letting them know. I have it set up using
conditional logic. what's the issue?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on May 03, 2017 at 06:23 PM
Make sure to turn on the "Send on Edit" option in the advanced settings of your Notification or Autoresponder:
Let us know if you need more help, we will be glad to assist you.
- ChayabAnswered on May 04, 2017 at 11:19 AM
I have send on edit enabled for all of the autoresponders (not the notification, because we dont need a notification if it's edited) and it's still not sending me an email notification that it's approved or denied.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on May 04, 2017 at 12:49 PM
I checked the conditions, and it is set to be sent to a field that is not part of your form:
In order to fixed this, simply change the dropdown option to "Autoresponder1" then set it back to "Autoresponder2", example:
Let us know if you need more help.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on May 04, 2017 at 12:50 PM
Make sure to click on the "Save" button.
- ChayabAnswered on May 04, 2017 at 04:45 PM
thank you! the issue i'm having now (especially with all of my settings set to Send on edit) is that once the manager approves and then resubmits the form, the person who fills out the form receives the same email "your form is pending approval" again...?
- ChayabAnswered on May 04, 2017 at 05:16 PM
Also, I set up the approver code like you said, but the approval code box doesnt appear on my colleagues' computers when they click "edit link."
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 04, 2017 at 05:39 PM
You should only enable the Send On Edit for the second autoresponder email. Keep it disabled on the first one for the pending approval email.
As for the hidden field, I'll check it out.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 04, 2017 at 07:01 PM
It seems that the hidden field will only show for admin cookie, not for the others. This means that only you, as the account owner will be able to view the hidden field. A workaround would be to just show the hidden field. The user can't access the approval section since the conditional logic to show it is still present.
- ChayabAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 12:21 PM
ok thank you!