- Bjansen9Asked on May 06, 2017 at 07:44 AM
Where can I find the PDF form on my mobile device? Do I have to use a laptop? I would rather handle everything from my phone. Please advise. Ideally I want a PDF version of the submission and save it to an iCloud filing system thanks.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on May 06, 2017 at 10:24 AM
I tested creating the PDF from a form on my account from my Phone (Android) and it worked fine. The same test I did with your form and same result.
From which phone did you test?
Could you please try again and see if the issue persists?
- Bjansen9Answered on May 06, 2017 at 11:43 AMI'm on iOS I don't know if that makes a difference. I will try again.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on May 06, 2017 at 01:54 PM
I don't have an iOS device here with me right now, but it shouldn't have any difference and you should be able to download a PDF form similar to what my colleague, Nik_C, have shown in the screenshot of his Android device.
Otherwise, please do not hesitate to get back to us and we will be glad to help you further.
- Bjansen9Answered on May 09, 2017 at 08:43 AMStill not working on iOS. I hit the "download PDF" button and nothing happens. I'm a therapist and need to be able to download and save the form I created as a PDF. I work primarily from my phone so it would be a big hassle to have to log in on a laptop and do
It there. Let me know. I tried downloading the Adobe PDF reader etc to make sure it wasn't something on my phone's end but I don't think it's that (I have no problem opening PDF forms in other apps/sites)
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on May 09, 2017 at 09:31 AM
Thank you for the update and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you. I will be asking one of my colleague that has the same mobile device as your to further test the issue you described.
By the way, may we know what browser were you using when you encountered the issue, please? Also, is there any error message that appears each time you make an attempt to download the Fillable PDF copy of your form?
If possible, can you create a screenshot that shows the issue and post it in this thread, please?
- Bjansen9Answered on May 09, 2017 at 12:43 PMThank you. I am using Safari. I will try doing it from chrome or another browser. There is no screen shot to be taken because the site literally does nothing when you click "download PDF". It doesn't seem to be processing or doing any work. The screen does not change. It just remains exactly the same.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on May 09, 2017 at 01:53 PM
We appreciate the additional information. And please let us know the result of your test with the other browsers.
- Bjansen9Answered on May 09, 2017 at 02:43 PMJust tried it in google chrome. Same result.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 09, 2017 at 05:08 PM
I will ask for assistance from colleague that have actual iPhone device to check the PDF submission download of our form. We will notify you here of the results.
- KadeJMAnswered on May 11, 2017 at 11:38 AM
Hello @Bjansen9, I've been investigating this using my iPhone 6 and you are absolutely right.
It seems to me for clarity reasons you're referring to downloading the submissions as a pdf via your iPhone but, it isn't working and this is certainly an issue and should be working.
When going to Form >> Submissions >> Save PDF nothing happens after clicking the button and thank you for reporting this problem to us.
Opposite of that I can see that the My Forms > Form > More > Create PDF Form works allowing you to show and save it to iBooks or a similar app if installed and those can also store it in iCloud.
If I find some sort of workaround to make this happen right away somehow i'll update you again but, for now I am sending this as a bug report to our main site developers to see about getting this resolved for you and anyone else who may be needing the same.
Also, I will mention it to our apple developer to see about possibly considering adding something similar to our mobile app to support it as a possible alternative but I cannot guarantee it even though it would be a good feature to have in both places in the long run.
Screenshot: (downloaded submission as pdf > download complete > no file given )
- Bjansen9Answered on May 11, 2017 at 12:43 PMThanks. Yes I am able to convert the form to PDF and save in iBooks but it's just a blank form. I need to be able to save the submissions.
I appreciate you submitting the big report and please keep me posted if it is fixed either on the mobile site or app.
It will impact whether I decide to use your program or find some other work around for my business. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on May 11, 2017 at 01:30 PM
Thank you for getting back to us. We'll certainly inform you once this issue is resolved.
Thank you for your patience and for reporting this problem.
- Bjansen9Answered on May 19, 2017 at 01:43 PMI just wanted to confirm if there is a plan on your end to fix this issue? It will impact whether I go with your program for my business or another form builder.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on May 19, 2017 at 02:45 PM
One of our developers is assigned to this thread and the priority of this issue is set to important. We will update you via this thread when this issue is resolved.
Thank you for your patience.
- Bjansen9Answered on June 21, 2017 at 06:43 PMAny update on this function- being able to convert submissions to a PDF format from an iOS device? The button is there but the function doesn't work. This is vital to my business. I like your program but wish this feature worked.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 21, 2017 at 07:45 PM
Sorry for the delays. But no new update yet as of this time. I will make a follow up also on your behalf to our developer.
You will be notified via this thread once there is new updated response.