- Sheldon EngAsked on May 08, 2017 at 05:14 PM
We are a church organization looking to determine if JotForm is the best provider in this area. We would like the following questions answered to help us vet out the proper solution.
1. What are the credit card fees on each sale?
2. If we refund will there be a charge to the organization?
3. Is there a minimum credit card charge?
4. If we only need this service for 2-3 months are we able to cancel when needed?
5. We are looking to host an event and expected attendance is about 300 people. We plan to charge $25 per head. What JotForm product/program to you suggest we use?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 06:54 PM
We do not do any of the processing on our end and do not charge any fee's in excess of what the payments processors charge. We offer several different easy to set up payment integrations:
The only fee's would be whatever the payment processor you are using charges. Same thing applies to minimums. Whatever the payment processor requires would be the minimum. Before choosing a payment processor, I would recommend researching their details.
We limit the number of submissions that can be received based on subscription level. Free accounts can receive 10 payments per month. Our cheapest subscription would allow for up to 1,000 payment submissions per month and sounds like it would be more than enough for your needs:
You can cancel automatic renewal of the subscription at any time.
- Sheldon EngAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 07:43 PMNot sure what you mean by Payment Processor that we choose. When we sign up
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 10:38 PM
You can find the the payment processors list we currently integrate with, under the Payments Menu.
You have to have an active merchant account with any of them in order to use it in the forms.
- Sheldon EngAnswered on May 09, 2017 at 02:43 AMThanks. I was told I don't need a merchant account and there r providers like typeform who act as the third party provider. Is this something you guys do?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 09, 2017 at 03:12 AM
Contrary to the information you have received, you do need to have one in order to receive payments online. What JotForm does is only to bridge to you in an easy way to create forms and receive payments to your payment processor without the need of hiring a programmer.
Typeform on the other hand requires a Stripe account if a person would like to receive payments. Stripe is a payment gateway service that processes payments similar to Paypal, Square, etc. So you still need a merchant account with Stripe. Here is their guide on creating payment forms: https://www.typeform.com/help/payment-field-stripe-integration/
So in general, what we do is quite similar to Typeform, but more. We have integrations with Stripe, Authorize.net, Paypal, etc. All in the screenshot provided by Jeanette above.
There is one option that will not require you to receive online payments. This is the Purchase order. This however will mean that you will receive the payment on a later date. Your payment transactions done shall be offline or not within the form's process. So they go to your office and pay or send you a cheque by mail or something similar.
Hope this gives some clarification to your concern. Should you have additional questions or still need clarification, please let us know.
Thanks and warm regards.
- Sheldon EngAnswered on May 09, 2017 at 05:43 PMThank you. Do you offer non-profit organization pricing? I believe Typeform
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 09, 2017 at 05:46 PM
We do indeed offer non-profit pricing. If you would like to apply for the discount, here is how to do so:
1. Make sure you are logged into your Jotform account
2. Then, fill out and send this form along with your organization info (site URLand PDF docs) to verify to you are associated with a non-profit organization.
Give us up to 24 hrs to process the request. Upon approval, you should get an email like this:
IMPORTANT: When you get the "Congratulations" email with the approval, before clicking in the "Upgrade" button, make sure you have opened a fresh session at Jotform site with your account