- PrimasiaAsked on May 09, 2017 at 04:06 AM
Hi I would like to ask if it is possible to have the filled filed in previous page to appear as options in the dropdown box in later page? Thanks.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on May 09, 2017 at 04:25 AM
If I'm not mistaken you would like to have a field, that is when an option was chosen, the option will appear in the other field in the next page of your form? If yes, then you may just simply copy the field value to another field, please refer to this guide: How to Pass Field Value to Another Field?
Here's the complete guide on how to use the Conditional Logic on your form: Smart Forms Using Conditional Logic.
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- PrimasiaAnswered on May 09, 2017 at 04:31 AM
Hi thanks for your reply but that was not what i mean.
What i would like to do is, for example on page 1 the user filled 3 different names in 3 name fields respectively. Then on page 2, there is a dropdown list (options will be the 3 filled names in page 1) for the user to choose. So the options of the dropdown list will be depended on different user's input.
Is this possible?
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on May 09, 2017 at 04:49 AM
To my understanding:
1. You will have full name fields on the first page of the form and user's will enter the names.
2. You will have a drop down list on the second page of the form. It will show the names entered on the previous page as drop down list options in order to let the users select again.
Unfortunately, this is not possible with the drop-down list. The only you can do could be using the text field instead of the drop-down list in order to show the names that users have entered on the first page as you can see the screenshot below:
You can use field IDs in order to regenerate the fields in the second page.
I hope this helps.