- TravisAsked on July 15, 2012 at 08:31 PM
I have a form that is linked to Googledocs and the data that is submitted comes across more as the html coding rather than the actual data submitted. I've tried re-linking and deleting and spreadsheets that were created but it still occurs. Any ideas? Sample of what I see below:
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td>Event T-Shirt (Item#ALS1) (Quantity: 1, T-Shirt Size: L)<br>Total: $20.00<br></td></tr></table>
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 15, 2012 at 09:38 PM
By linked you meant the form google docs integration?
You create jotform integration to google doc using this the guide here -Google-Docs-Integration-Send-Responses-to-Google-Spreadsheets-Instantly-
Will await your response.
- TrinkAnswered on July 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Yes, I mean integration. I have integrated it and it gives the coding along with the information. I've removed the integration and tried again a few times and it remains the same. Thanks for any suggestions.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 16, 2012 at 02:24 AM
Thanks for reporting.
We have already reported this issue to our developers and still waiting for updates. We'll just let you know once the problem is fixed by posting in this thread.
Thanks and have a pleasant day!
- TrinkAnswered on July 18, 2012 at 09:09 PM
Any updates to this issue yet? Thanks for your time.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 18, 2012 at 09:33 PM
I'm truly sorry but we don't have any updates yet. I have already notified our developers about this. We'll keep you posted if any information's available. Thanks for your patience.
- jecwebAnswered on August 01, 2012 at 08:19 AM
Hey, is there any update on this? I'm having the same problem here http://www.jotform.com/answers/117864-Formatting-automated-data-in-google-docs#0
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 01, 2012 at 03:27 PM
Hi, please check my response to your original own post here http://www.jotform.com/answers/117864-Formatting-automated-data-in-google-docs#1
- 24hourtradingAnswered on August 02, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I also have this problem. The exact same problem.
To add some clarification, however, here is what happens, exactly.
1) When hitting "integrate" and selecting Google Docs, on a form which already has submissions, the submissions integrate perfectly.
2) All subsequent submissions are sent to Google Docs, however, the Payment field comes through with table data inside, and also the text appears different on other fields.
3) We need some of the data from the payment field, and also, the inclusion of all the table HTML renders the spreadsheet almost unreadable, as it makes the rows very wide.
So to clarify. The data comes through exactly right when initially integrating, but when a user fills out the form, it sends it differently, somehow. Solve the difference, and you'll solve our problem!
Would love to see a fast update here.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 02, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Apologies for my latest response to your query. I forgot to do some testing of my own, and only relied on the update from the developer, to whom the ticket to this problem was assigned.
After testing extensively, I can't help but agree on all points you have raised.
With that said, I have re-opened the ticket for this issue. We will update you as soon as this gets fixed.
- 24hourtradingAnswered on August 02, 2012 at 12:18 PM
No problem - it is a quirky issue, and I know that in development, the "test" might return positive, as in my initial testing. Its only when real people come along and make payments that this issue crops up - which is obviously a time when you want things to be working.
For the time being, we can doctor the table data, but that renders the integration fairly superfluous!
Am sure it will be a relatively simple fix - as it works to send existing data correctly.
- millsAnswered on October 18, 2012 at 05:44 PM
I had the same issue as Travis where it was putting in html code into my google spreadsheet.
I noticed this everytime I created a new form that integrated with Good Docs.
The steps I took to get it to work was to go to the google drive and delete the spreadsheet, then go to jotform and remove and recreate the integration settings for that form. If I had to guess this worked because the form already had data to rebuild the spreadsheet.
Of course I would recommend that you backup the file before you delete it incase you don't store submissions on the jotform website.
I have seen similar behavior in the integration with dropbox. If a form doesn't already have a submission with data the first submission doesn't seem to send anything but a blank file to dropbox.
It seems that it is best to have at least 1 submission before integrating with a service.