- halbAsked on May 12, 2017 at 12:52 AM
After enabling form encryption, when a user submits the form and goes back to edit it, all the fields now display gibberish.
Is there not a way to present their data to them so they can edit it?
If not it seems that letting form data be edited after the fact only works on unencrypted forms.
Or am I missing something?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on May 12, 2017 at 03:18 AM
I did a test submission to your form (http://www.myjotform.com/form/71291814272556) and I was not able to replicate the issue. After clicking the Edit Submission, the text is showing properly.
If the issue persists, try disabling the Encrypt Form Data in the Form Settings page. See image below:
1. Login to your account and open your form.
2. Go to the Settings section page and select the Form Settings page.
3. Click the Show More Options button and under the Encrypt Form Data select the "No" option.
Hope that helps. If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.
- halbAnswered on May 23, 2017 at 12:06 AM
It works because I disabled encrypted data. However I wanted to both enable answer editing AND encrypted data at the same time. Is this not possible?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on May 23, 2017 at 03:37 AM
If the Form Encryption is enabled, only you can access the form submission. It is because you have the Encryption Key. If your users clicked the edit submission link from the Thank You page or from the Autoresponder email, the data will remain encrypted.
Also, please take note that Autoresponder is not supported if the Form Encryption is turned on.
Hope that helps. If you have questions, please contact us again.