- ntonthatAsked on May 15, 2017 at 01:38 AM
I love the JotForm software and I have integrated my submissions with Dropbox. With this integration, all the reports that come in are organised by their report date field. I understand that this also means the attached PDF form that gets auto generated by Jotform is relabelled to the subfolder name as well. I was wondering if it was possible to relabel the PDF with two fields while maintaining the folder structure.
Currently it works out like this:
Dropbox -> reportDate -> reportDate.pdf
Question: Is it possible to get this integrated?
Dropbox -> reportDate -> reportDate - fullName.pdf
Kind regardsPage URL:
- CharlieAnswered on May 15, 2017 at 03:02 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible. The submission PDF name will be based on the submission folder's name.
However, it is possible to combine two fields to name your submission folder and PDF file name. Below is how I set it up:
1. First, add the Form Calculation widget.
2. In the widget, I'll combine the "Report Date" and "Full Name" fields. Make sure that you set them to "A-Z" and their color will change to light brown. You can do that by simply clicking on them.
3. In the live form, you can see how the custom name is generated:
4. Now in the Dropbox folder, you can see that the submission folder name and the PDF submission file now has the custom name on them.
I hope that helps.