- metaponAsked on May 16, 2017 at 03:50 AM
My Google Spreadsheet doesn't update itself after first integration with my Form. The original data before new inputs/deletion is synced to google spreadsheet. But after that, the sheet itself doesn't update whether I add new data or delete some entries.
I have read similar available support threads. but still can't find the solution.
I tried without touching anything (column, sheet, etc) of the synced sheet. But it still doesn't work.
Please help. This is my form's link https://www.jotform.com/build/71222251802443
Thank you :)
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on May 16, 2017 at 04:01 AM
Thank you for reporting us.
I tried to push missing submissions through our system. Could you please check your spreadsheet and provide us the submission IDs if there are still any missing submisison?
Waiting for your feedbacks.
- metaponAnswered on May 16, 2017 at 04:49 AM
Oh yeah I got the update now. I will let you know again if this issue comes up :) Thanks!
- metaponAnswered on May 16, 2017 at 05:09 AM
Hey I have quick question, which is not so related to this.
The question is, if I delete an entry off in the jotform website of this form. Will the synced google spreadsheet delete that entry too? right away or on a refresh basis?
- CharlieAnswered on May 16, 2017 at 05:49 AM
As far as I know and upon testing in my end, the JotForm-Google Spreadsheet integration is unidirectional or one way only. And it happens per submission.
If you delete a submission in JotForm, it won't delete the submission in the spreadsheet. If you update a submission in JotForm, it will update the specific submission in the spreadsheet without affecting the number of submissions it currently has.
Same goes with the spreadsheet, any changes in the submissions in the spreadsheet won't reflect in you submissions in the JotForm account.
If I may also suggest, to make data more manageable using Google Spreadsheet, I suggest that you take advantage of the IMPORTRANGE function. Here's what I am suggesting:
1. You'll have first a spreadsheet which was generated when you made the integration from JotForm to Google Spreadsheet. We'll call this "Spreadsheet 1".
2. You'll then create a custom spreadsheet where you will have a real time reference from Spreadsheet 1 data using the IMPORTRANGE function. We'll name the custom spreadsheet "Spreadsheet 2". This custom spreadsheet will allow you to add custom data on your spreadsheet like additional columns, graphs, formulas, etc...
3. The formula you'll use in Spreadsheet 2 will be similar to this, of course the range and spreadsheet link will be different:
IMPORTRANGE("https://docs.google.com/your spreadsheet 1 link/d/abcd123abcd123", "sheet1!A:C")
4. Basically, Spreadsheet 2 will pull data from Spreadsheet 1. Why am I suggesting this? With this, you don't need to make direct changes in the integrated spreadsheet, it's better to not make changes directly on it to avoid breaking the integration.
5. Another benefit on this is whenever Spreadsheet 1 breaks or you want to re-integrate Google Spreadsheet on your form, you can simply just update the IMPORTRANGE formula and your custom spreadsheet with all the custom changes you have will remain intact or updated.
I hope the additional information helped.