- BWTJAsked on May 16, 2017 at 05:54 AM
For instance if I want to use a Form to sell T-shirts,
And I have a database that keeps availability of colors
could Jotform fetch the availabilty out of any file?
so it will not show the color red, as that doesn't appear in the database?
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on May 16, 2017 at 06:48 AM
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to pull data from your database and pre populate a field on your form.
However, if I understood your question, you can achieve the thing you would like to use in a different way. For this case, you need to update your form manually when the number of available item in your stock is changed. I would like to explain the steps you need to follow on this demo form. Feel free to clone it if you need.
1. Add inventory widget per product you have and set its setting according to available number of this product. Inventory widget allow your user to select only according to available number. If it is not available, it is not possible to select this product unless you update the quantity.
Please note that I added two inventory widgets to my demo form, but you can increase the number of widget according to your products.
2. Then, add a form calculation widget to your form. This is used to calculate total price according to user selection. After that, set the formula as you can see here. The idea here is to multiple number of selected product with the price of product and sum each subtotal.
3. the last step is adding payment integration and passing total to this payment integration. I selected Paypal, but you can choose any of them. You just need to enter your credential, select "User Defined Amount" and select form calculation widget at "Get Price From" option.
You can check here how my form works.
This workaround is fit your need but you need to update available quantity for each product according to your stock information. I hope, this helps you. If you need any further assistance by our side, please feel free to contact us. We would be pleased to help you for any issue you may have.