- tssilvaAsked on May 16, 2017 at 03:42 PM
I'm trying to set conditions for my form, I want to set an opening time for the form, but when I set the conditions never work!
Please give me a solution to this!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on May 16, 2017 at 05:15 PM
What is the form you are working on? Unfortunately, we do not have a feature to enable or show the submit button within a time range. You can only manually disable or enable the form through it's properties: https://www.jotform.com/help/180-How-to-enable-disable-a-form
- tssilvaAnswered on May 16, 2017 at 05:32 PM
What I need is that when you arrive in a respective schedule, for the closing of the cafeteria the options are hidden. I made the second way: I entered the option time in a separate page, type, Page 2, and from there I created a coding, that from x hours the functions of the form will not be shown, and after x hours Options will be checked. But he did not know how to make the proper configuration of the condition!
- tssilvaAnswered on May 16, 2017 at 05:33 PMThis option that you showed me can only disable or activate, you have to choose one of the two .. What do I need to turn on and off at a certain time!
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on May 16, 2017 at 06:22 PM
To my understanding, you would not want to allow submissions on your form if the remaining hours before your closing time is less than a specific number hours, is that correct?
We would like to apologize, however, we may need to ask more information or a clearer description of what you would like to happen. If you can provide us the form you're working and the fields involved we would greatly appreciate it.
We will wait for your response.
- tssilvaAnswered on May 17, 2017 at 08:54 AM
I would like the full form to only appear completely when it arrives for example at 6:00 p.m. and ocute when it arrives at 11:00 p.m.! This would be to determine the opening time of a snack bar, so when a person trying to make a purchase outside of that time, she would not see the fill-in form, but a message that the set-up only opens at 6:00 p.m.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on May 17, 2017 at 09:42 AM
As far as I understand, you want the form to only be available to your customers between 6:00pm and 11:00pm.
Here's is a workaround I came up with.
1. Add a Time field to your form.
2. Populate it with the current time (in 24-hour format)
3. Set it to hidden.
4. Add fields that will be shown or hidden based on current time.
5. Based on this Time field, create a condition that will hide your fields when outside 6:00pm and 11:00pm. This will involve knowledge in setting up conditions.
Here's my demo form which you can clone - https://form.jotformpro.com/71364236627963. You can show the Time field to test.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on May 17, 2017 at 10:42 AM
Just wondering if there is a problem with the times differing between time zones?
For example if the shop in in the USA and the customer is in Europe.
The forms current time is client side, and the shops open hours is server side right?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 17, 2017 at 12:07 PM
Yes that is correct.
Please note that the default date / time in the date / time field will always display the current time of user (client side time). It is not possible to show server time or time based on your timezone.
- benedictcamaraAnswered on June 27, 2017 at 12:51 PM
This system is flawed and easy to cheat, users can simply change their computer time to defeat this and enable your form before the time you want
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 27, 2017 at 01:58 PM
@benedictcamara, your question is being addressed on the following thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1185137