- adamsimmondsAsked on May 19, 2017 at 03:27 PM
Hi - How can I create a phone number without an area code? In other words, just one field. I guess that I could simply create a regular text field but then autofill won't work.
Many thanksPage URL:
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 19, 2017 at 03:54 PM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove the area code portion of the phone number field. Your solution of using a short text entry field would be the solution.
You can set the validation to numbers for a short text field and format the input mask to the same format as a phone number:
But I am pretty sure most autofill apps would still consider this a text box.
- adamsimmondsAnswered on May 19, 2017 at 05:43 PMThank you. Another question: can I remove the empty option in a drop-down menu? It seems superfluous.
Many thanks, Adam
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 19, 2017 at 06:08 PM
It is not possible to remove the blank option in the form builder. It requires using the full source code of your form and embedding that code to a web page. You would then be able to disable the blank option by modifying your forms source code:
<option value="" disabled="disabled" selected="selected">Select your option</option>
You would find the code for your dropdown and modify the first option similar to the above.
It is not possible to do in the form itself.
- adamsimmondsAnswered on May 19, 2017 at 06:43 PMThank you for your reply. I’ll play around with the code as suggeted.
What’s the logic for this though? As in, why is it not a straightforward option? Is there any benefit in having the empty option?
Many thanks, Adam
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on May 19, 2017 at 10:03 PM
When there is an empty option and the dropdown is set as required, the form user will be forced to manually select the answer rather than skipping the selection.
When the dropdown is not required, the form user will be able to submit the empty answer.