- kurtarildAsked on May 20, 2017 at 05:45 AM
I have a booking form
Depending on what kind of tour you chosse the time of day and minute shall be pre - filled, example,, if you choose Fishing trip with Arctic Princess, From Time: 10:00 and to Time: 13:00
If you choose Whalesafari, time shall be 09:30 - 14:30 and so on....
- AIDANAnswered on May 20, 2017 at 11:19 AM
That should be possible by following our guide on how to insert text/calculation into a field using conditional logic here: https://www.jotform.com/help/268-Conditional-Logic-Inserts-Text-Calculation-Into-A-Field
Furthermore, a general guide on creating smart forms using conditional logic can be found here: https://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
I hope this helps. If you need further assistance please let us know. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on May 20, 2017 at 12:49 PM
Your form is very complicated. I would suggest breaking down the date and time fields. Separating your date calculations from your time calculations would make the conditional logic a little easier.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on May 20, 2017 at 01:53 PM
I cloned your form. But, I cant seem to get it to work. I can see you are showing a field instead of update/calculating as a work around.
Does anyone know if the update/calculate function supports the date/time or even just time fields?
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on May 21, 2017 at 06:48 AM
I managed to retrieve your form values and insert them into a new text field.
Maybe you should alter the surveying values? For example instead of a single value like 1800, you could change the surveying value to "9:30-14:30"
1. Drag and drop a text field.
2. Change the radio button surveying values to be the full duration of a trip
3. Update/Calculate a field. And after selecting the field click on the field once (so that it says A-Z). This converts the variable into a string. This is important because a number wont work well for a from/to time value.
4. Preview! And if this is what you want, then you need to change the other surveying values as well.