- DecaDentalAsked on May 22, 2017 at 03:25 PM
I have a few questions
1. I have multiple offices each w/ a static ip address. I want to use 1 form for all offices so that when the ip is detected it sends to just 1 email. I think I have that part working, but in order to do that, I need to enter in an email for every office. so, it seems like every office is getting an email on submission even though I have a conditional send setup. how do I only get it to go to 1 office instead of all of the ones in the email list?
2. I need the text blocks to show up in the pdf that are above the signature blocks to show what they are agreeing to.
my form name is Final of Ideal Dental - Guest Registration - Internal - https://form.jotform.us/DecaDental/ID-GuestForm-Internal
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on May 22, 2017 at 05:02 PM
1. I checked your form and I saw that you created conditions for some of the emails and IP addresses. So I'm not sure what exactly is not working. You have these conditions:
So Notifier will be sent only if the condition is met.
All other Notifiers you have will receive each submission since they are not conditional:
When you test the form, are you getting more emails than you should?
2. I opened a separate thread for this question, and we will attend it here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1151543
We'll wait for your response regarding the first one.
- DecaDentalAnswered on May 23, 2017 at 09:19 AM
What seems to be happening is everyone I entered in the email notification list is getting an email for every submission. I only want one to go out when a condition is met. If a condition is not met, no emails should go out or it could default to a dump email
I read below the conditions that says once you so a condition it turns off the general email notifications. Doesn't seem like that's working.
Does that help explain better?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 23, 2017 at 10:47 AM
Thank you. I have understood your requirement now. I did check your form and found that you have added conditions correctly to send submission emails based on the selection of form field. But the issue is that you have also added notifiers (without conditions) as well to send submission emails. Please check the screenshot below for the conditional email alert which is correct:
Please check the screenshot below for the rest of the email alerts (without conditions) which will be sent everytime your form is submitted irrespective of the conditions you have added:
I would suggest you to please retain the notifiers which is displayed in the first screenshot and delete the rest of the notifiers, that will solve your problem. It will only send notification emails if the conditions are met.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- DecaDentalAnswered on May 24, 2017 at 09:52 AM
Thanks for the response. this form is in pilot, so I was working on setting up the remaining offices and conditions when we go live. one thing I don't understand is when you said " It will only send notification emails if the conditions are met." to me that means that if no conditions are met then nothing will happen. but it seems like when no matter if a condition is met or not, the email notifications still get sent out if no condition is tied to that email. is that correct?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on May 24, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Your understanding is correct. If conditions are not met, then nothing will happen. Conditional notifiers will be sent only if the condition is met. If the condition is not tied to the notifier, then yes, the notifier will go with each submission.
Maybe this guide will be helpful as well: https://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-User-s-Answer
Hope it is more clear now.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.