- rickebAsked on May 22, 2017 at 03:34 PM
There are some issues with the fillable PDF I create in Jotform 4.0:
1) the main headings don’t reproduce at all
2) the application questions in the body are not differentiated from the background like they are online
3) the subtables do not show up at all
What are the solutions?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 22, 2017 at 05:38 PM
I cloned the form to test it and I saw there were several conditions with errors and a few conditions that were active. Conditions do not translate to fillable PDF forms and should be removed. After removing the conditions, the fillable PDF form did include the headers, albeit a bit distorted:
I needed to remove some formatting from my copy and reduce some sizing but was eventually able to get a working copy of the PDF. Here is my test copy:
Clone that to your account to see if the headers come through:
- rickebAnswered on May 22, 2017 at 07:32 PM
Thank you for your help, I imported your form but I still have questions:
1) Since this form was created from one of your templates (Under Employment Forms, Driver Application Form) why would it have formatting problems and problems with conditions?
2) There are still several problems with the Fillable PDF I made starting with the “If hired, can you furnish proof you are eligible to work in the U.S.” question on page 2.
My form is at : https://form.jotform.com/71417537777972
The Fillable PDF I made from the form is at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g5p6zz5n6dvjsp/New%20CDL%20Driver%20Application.pdf?dl=0
If you download the Dropbox PDF and open it in Acrobat the problems will be obvious as you scroll through it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 22, 2017 at 10:16 PM
Thanks for your reply.
1. Form templates are mostly shared by fellow JotForm users so it is possible that some of them might have conditions but we can correct them here. If you can provide the template URL in question, we'd be happy to look at it.
2. I was able to reproduce the problem when I cloned your form. The header text becomes an image. The images sometimes taken from the field and sometimes from the background image. The result is inconsistent.
I have now raised this to our developers. Once this is fixed, you will be informed here.