- DeclynamAsked on May 24, 2017 at 12:38 PM
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on May 24, 2017 at 04:08 PM
My understanding is that you connected 2 forms in 1 Stripe account and you want to identify where the payment transactions are coming from.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to pass the form title or form ID to Stripe Dashboard. Normally, only the payment details and card details are transferred to Stripe.
Upon further checking, I found out that it is not recommended to connect multiple websites to a single Stripe account. Please check these links:
Hope that helps. Thank you for understanding
- DeclynamAnswered on May 25, 2017 at 04:29 AM
Hi the forms are both from the same web site. So there is no way to distinguish in Stripe which payment comes from which form?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on May 25, 2017 at 04:59 AM
Unfortunately no, it is not possible. The only way is to use Submissions from each form and compare that data to data from Stripe.
I'm sorry we couldn't offer a better way to do that but there are constraints when it comes to which data can flow to Stripe integration.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
- DeclynamAnswered on May 25, 2017 at 10:01 AM
Does the description not carry?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 25, 2017 at 12:12 PM
Actually, it's possible to pass a custom value to Stripe. Do the following:
1. Add a textbox field in the form with a default value, either the form ID or the form name. This textbox can be hidden in the form view.
To see a default value and hide a field, go to Settings > Advanced tab. See screenshot:
2. In the Stripe settings. Go the Additional Gateway Settings, select the textbox in the "Custom Data Field" dropdown.
When the payment is submitted, you should see the textbox value under the MetaData section of the payment. See screenshot:
I hope that helps. Let us know if you need further assistance regarding this matter.