- FormBuilder2010Asked on July 21, 2012 at 07:13 AM
I recently created a form in my account that I want to transfer into the account of another Jot Form User. Is this possible or do I have to re-create the whole form again in their account. One of the reasons I want to do this is because I'm getting emails for her product because my account is, obviously, set up for my email address. There seems to be no way for an individual form to have an individual email address - if this is possible, can you let me know how to set this up. Cheers.Page URL:
- gori-mathewAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 07:46 AM
Please lets know the following information and we can do the transfer for you;
Username where the form is created:
Username of the account where the form is to be transfered to:
- FormBuilder2010Answered on July 21, 2012 at 07:53 AMUsername of where the form currently is - FormBuilder2010
Username of account where form is to be transferred to: Horse Vision
There are only two forms in FormBuilder2010 account - the form to be transferred is the Horse Vision Workshops, Programs and Retreats Registration form
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 07:56 AM
Done. Kindly check your "HorseVision" account.
- FormBuilder2010Answered on July 21, 2012 at 09:46 AMThanks very much but I wonder if you could put the Membership Form back into the FormBuilder2010 account. The only form that should have transferred into HorseVision was the Registration Form
- gori-mathewAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM
You can easily clone this form to your username account FormBuilder2010.
In importing existing forms from other accounts to your account, please click the link below for a guide:
Please take note that data of the cloned form can't be carried over.
- gori-mathewAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 10:26 AM
With our system, we are able to copy all forms and not able to copy one form at a time. For more guidelines on cloning forms, check more links below
- FormBuilder2010Answered on July 21, 2012 at 10:26 AMThanks for that, but is it possible to just put back the Membership form into FormBuilder 2010 - It was not supposed to be moved in the first place, only the Registration form?
- FormBuilder2010Answered on July 21, 2012 at 10:30 AMNo problem. Thanks for your help.
- gori-mathewAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Welcome and keep enjoying Jotform!. Lest know if you need further assistance.
- FormBuilder2010Answered on July 21, 2012 at 10:46 AMI'm sorry to be a nuisance but I can't import the form I want from the URL because it says there is no form when I paste the URL address and I can't 'clone an existing form' because there are now no forms left in the FormBuilder2010 account. Could you please put both forms back into FormBuilder 2010. Sorry for the inconvenience but I only wanted the one form moved into Horse Vision and since you're not able to do that, I'll have to manage them both from the FormBuilder2010 account.
Many thanks - and sorry for the inconvenience. I didn't realise both would get moved.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Apologies for this misunderstanding. I have now returned the "Membership Form" to your FormBuilder2010 account. Kindly check.
- gori-mathewAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I have also returned the Programs and Retreats Registration form in your account just incase you need it later too.
If you dont need it, you can always delete it.
- FormBuilder2010Answered on July 21, 2012 at 10:58 AMThanks so much for all your help. And sorry again for all the inconvenience!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM
FYI, you can actually change the recipient email address on each of your forms. Here's a more detailed guide about it http://www.jotform.com/help/41-Finding-out-E-mail-Address-used-for-submission-notifications.
I just re-read your first post, sorry for not getting it on the first place. Have a pleasant day!
- FormBuilder2010Answered on July 21, 2012 at 11:16 AMThanks for that. I'll have a read and no problem re: forms. Sorry to have been a nuisance!! Your help was much appreciated. Have a great day yourself.