- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on May 26, 2017 at 06:18 AM
I think the issue lies with the the IGNORE HIDDEN FIELDS option.
When enabled, it causes the widget's result to be always 0, if the value comes from a HIDDEN FIELD with a DEFAULT VALUE.
Here's a simple form (71451946345965) where I have 3 hidden Textboxes with default values that are conditionally shown (a somehow simpler version of your current form).
Then, there are 3 corresponding Form Calculation Widgets where the values of these Textboxes are being passed respectively.
Textbox 1 value to Calculation 1
Textbox 2 value to Calculation 2
Textbox 3 value to Calculation 3
The IGNORE HIDDEN FIELDS option is NOT enabled on the first 2 widgets and they are working as intended.
The IGNORE HIDDEN FIELDS option IS enabled for the 3rd widget and that last one isn't working.
I've escalated this to our Devs and although I won't be able to give you any timeframe, rest assured, we'll keep you apprised on this same thread when there's an update.
- assuntoseducacionaisAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 02:09 PM
I'd like to know if there are any news about the adjustment of "IGNORE HIDDEN FIELDS" functionality in form calculation widget.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 03:14 PM
The ticket is still open. Our widget team will give you the updates here once available.
- JotForm SupportwidgetsAnswered on May 31, 2017 at 06:58 AM
Hi @assuntoseducacionais, I want some clarifications about this ticket. Your main problem is that your form field is getting "0" instead of a blank value. While the "Ignore Hidden Fields" option is set. Is this correct? We need this information so we can further check the problem.
- assuntoseducacionaisAnswered on May 31, 2017 at 08:39 PM
The form works as follows:
- 1st, by means of the configurable list widget field on the top of the form, the user selects a course.
- 2nd, informations of this course, which are inline with the respective course name, are showed.
- 3rd, as fields that were hidden up to then are selected by user and become visible, calculation widgets sum up the corresponding values recorded on those fields. The summation runs inside each column of the matrix arrangement. The number of fields that are included in the summation depends upon the course selection by the user. All the other not selected fields remain hidden and are to be ignored in the sum.
The problem that has led me to request your support is the following one:
As ilustrated here, the option "IGNORE HIDDEN FIELDS" is causing those fields that were initially set as hidden to continue not having any effect on calculations after they are called to become visible by the action of "SHOW/HIDE FIELDS"conditions.
The expected behaviour should be that those initially hidden fields ceased to be ignored and started to participate in calculations as soon as they were selected to become visible.
In short, a changing in the field's visibility should influence on the result of a calculation in which this field is involved, but this is not the observed behavior.
- JotForm SupportwidgetsAnswered on June 01, 2017 at 08:30 AM
Hi, we fixed the problem, it should be working now. Can you please test it and let us know.
- assuntoseducacionaisAnswered on June 01, 2017 at 01:30 PM
Yes, it's working perfectly. I'd like to thank you all! All of you in support and widget team have been doing an outstanding job! Congratulations!