- concussionanswersAsked on May 29, 2017 at 02:48 PM
My form will tell me what people like, so I'd like to segment people into different lists.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 29, 2017 at 03:46 PM
I'm sorry, but we only have visual report filter that would allow you to create a segment out from your form submissions.
Please try it and let us know your feedback.
- concussionanswersAnswered on May 29, 2017 at 04:05 PM
Thanks for your answer. Any way to "rig" it using the conditions tool that you have?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 29, 2017 at 04:45 PM
The conditional logic will only work in the form view.
I think I need to clear things up. When you say "responses", you mean the "form submissions", right?
Here's how you can access the submissions page: https://www.jotform.com/help/269-How-to-view-Submissions.
You want it so that when someone chooses "A" for example, it goes to the list "A". When B is selected, it goes to list "B". Can you confirm this? Is the question also connected to the MailChimp integration? In the MailChimp integration, you have the option to choose a Group. You may also consider utilizing that feature.
- concussionanswersAnswered on May 29, 2017 at 06:26 PM
"When you say "responses", you mean the "form submissions", right?"
I mean the answers they choose from the survey.
"You want it so that when someone chooses "A" for example, it goes to the list "A"."
Yes, that's what I mean.
You mean inside Mailchimp, there is something called a group?
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 29, 2017 at 07:25 PM
Yes, inside MailChimp then you can allow users to select their group or select one by default in the integration.
In the integration, you should see the group like this:
- concussionanswersAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 11:30 AM
The form above seems to be from Jotform or is it from MailChimp? I'm trying to figure out if you're telling me two different things - one with the URL and the other with Jotform. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 12:59 PM
The screenshot is from the form builder. Well, the group in the integration is the group from your MailChimpl list settings, assuming that you have added it there. So, that's basically the same thing.
You have to do the following steps:
1. Create the group in your MailChimp list settings: http://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/groups/create-a-new-list-group.
2. Edit the MailChimp integration in the form and select the group. You have two options;
a. By allowing users to select their own group (Let subscribers select their group). If you will choose this option, the group will be automatically added in the form. Example:
b. You can choose to send them to a group(s) by default. If you will choose to send users to the group, users cannot see the group options in the form.
You can test this form if you want to check the process: https://www.jotform.com/32956120238957.
- concussionanswersAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 02:07 PM
Thanks. I'll give the first suggestion a go and let you know how I like it!
- concussionanswersAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 03:59 PM
Here's the Jotform form that I created for my website at this URL: http://www.nycityvacay.com/enter-to-win/
When I ask them what they like about New York, that IS the group that I want them to be in. So would be a better idea to actually create the groups in MailChimp and allow the integration between Jotform/MailChimp to send this information over?
I'm a bit perplexed.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 07:14 PM
Our MailChimp integration does not allow you to pick existing field and use it as the group field. It does, however, fetch the groups from your MailChimp list and create it automatically in your form.
So here's what you need to do.
1. Create the group in your MailChimp list. In the group options, define the options from your "...like the most New York" field.
2. After that, integrate your form with MailChimp. In the integration wizard, after you select your MailChimp list, the groups you created from this list will be shown as options. Simply select "Let subscribers select their group" if you want your users to select the group they want.
3. Once you complete the integration, the group field will be automatically created in your form. You can then use it as the group field and delete the existing field you have.
If you need further clarifications, let us know.