- concussionanswersAsked on May 30, 2017 at 11:50 AM
Hi. I've been in contact with MailChimp. I'm testing my email I get when someone signs up at http://www.nycityvacay.com/enter-to-win/.
My autoresponder is kicking in fine. So the email address is being sent over by Jotform, but the merge tag for the first name of the person is not being sent over.
MailChimp says everything they can see seems to be working fine on their end. So they asked me to ask you to look into why Jotform isn't sending the name (and maybe other things we don't know about.)
I've enclosed a screenshot of an email from the autoresponder series. At the top, it says, "Hi,!" when it should say, "Hi, Joanny!" for instance.
Please tell me what may be going on with this issue and how to fix it.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 01:24 PM
When you look is mailchimp is the contact being added correctly with the full name?
To map full name try to delete the First Name and Last Name field in your MailChimp account.
Please follow this guide.
1. Login to your mailchimp account and go to Lists.2. Click on the List Name you have created3. Click on Settings and choose List Fields and Merge Tags4. Delete First Name and Last Name then add it back again.5. Then choose Add a field then choose TextOnce you have created back the First Name and Last Name field you can reintegrate the form then try to Add New Option
- concussionanswersAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 02:13 PM
Thanks for your reply.
So are you telling me the problem is on MailChimp side?
Also, when you say "you can reintegrate the form" are you telling me to delete the current integration with MailChimp?
And where is "Add New Option?" In MailChimp or Jotform?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 03:19 PM
By reintegrate the form I mean remove the integration and add it back once again. There should be no problems but check to make sure it is indeed properly mapped in mailchimp. The "Add new option" is in JotForm while setting up the integration and should show "Full Name" in the setup.
- concussionanswersAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Hi, I just looked at MailChimp and looked at the two test subscribers and NEITHER the first name and last name are inside MailChimp.
Do I still follow what you've said here?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 05:34 PM
Yes, still follow what is said here. This will ensure it is properly mapped in Mailchimp.
- concussionanswersAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 05:57 PM
it appears to have worked. Thanks for your help. In fact MailChimp put the names into the new emails I got as part of the autoresponder today. Glad I didn't have to delete everyhting and start over.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 30, 2017 at 07:11 PM
Glad to hear it. If there is anything else we can help with, just let us know.