- marketing952Asked on May 31, 2017 at 04:26 AM
Now I have a field where you only can write 11 letters, I would like to change so you can write 15 letters.
Its the filed with the head line "Personnummer"
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on May 31, 2017 at 04:37 AM
To put the input limit for a field please follow:
Click properties of the field, then Options-Limit Entry:
And just set the maximum number.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
- marketing952Answered on May 31, 2017 at 06:31 AM
I have tried that, and I tried now again. And it simply doesnt work to fill in more letters than 11. Can you please look in to the field?
Best regards Josefine
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on May 31, 2017 at 06:45 AM
My apologies, the maximum value in Number field is the maximum number you can enter, not the maximum number of characters.
So you can try this other method instead:
1) Add one short text field instead of the one you already have:
2) Click properties of the field and then Options,
3) There you can set the limit and Validation (if you want only numbers or only letters).
Here is my test form with both fields and the limit is 15 in both, so please check: https://form.jotformpro.com/71502305824953
Let us know if that worked for you.
- marketing952Answered on May 31, 2017 at 07:01 AM
Okay I understand.
The form is connected to google docs now so it would be nice to use the field that we already have made, this because it is a very important field, don't want to mess it up with the connection between jotform and Google doc.
So, Can I remove the limit of 11 characters for this specific field "personnummer"?
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on May 31, 2017 at 07:52 AM
I have cloned your form named "Team Solar 2018" on my side in order to check it.
Removing the character limit of the "personnummer" named field will not affect the Google Doc integration as you can see the screenshot below:
However, as I have seen you have used number field for that field. As my colleague Nik has already informed, the maximum value in Number field is the maximum number you can enter, not the maximum number of characters. So, when you set 15 to that field, it is the maximum number that you can enter. It is a good idea to not to change the field to the text field not to break the integration.
Additionally, If you do not want to mess up the connection between JotForm and Google Doc, also do not change the headers in your integrated Google Spreadsheet. If you change the header, the integration will not match the fields.
For your information.