- reviewhelperAsked on June 01, 2017 at 12:33 AM
On my forms in the past I was able to just boldface a give word inside a text field or question. For example, on https://www.reviewhelper.com/svcs-express.html , under the question, "What service would you like a quote for?" I have five radio button options, and within each option there is words or phrases that our boldface so they stand out. I did it by using the tags. I went to edit the second radio button, and then lost the boldface. I put the tags in, but it doesn't work. I still have the other boldface words. Why is this? Or what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on June 01, 2017 at 01:54 AM
Most of the HTML injections will no longer work on the new forms due to security restrictions.
However, it is still possible to style the field options in the following way.
1) Wrap the option text in a <span> tag with a custom class.
Here is an example where we created boldText and italicText classes:
Respond to <span class="boldText">one (1)</span> review/ posting
Respond to a <span class="italicText">specific number</span> of multiple reviews/ postings
2) Then, add the CSS to the form to style those classes.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- reviewhelperAnswered on June 01, 2017 at 03:43 AMI actually tried that and it didn't work. I'll try it again.
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on June 01, 2017 at 03:54 AM
As far as I see and cloned the form, some of the words have seen bold as seen below:
I have checked and seen that <b></b> tags are working on the checkbox options. And you have some CSS injections to make the words bold. Actually, they are working well.
Please clear your web browser caches and view your website again.
If the issue persists, let us know.
- reviewhelperAnswered on June 01, 2017 at 06:43 PMThose are old injections. If I try to make a word edit, as I did to the
second option, the code disappears. Even if I just click on one of the
option lines without making an edit, as I just did with the first
option, I lose the code (thus the first option no longer has any
boldface in it). I tried to use CSS and insert inline but the system
simply will not accept it. I've checked in 3 different browsers, and
they all show the same.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on June 01, 2017 at 08:00 PM
I have added the spans to your field.
The styling seems to be fine on your published form.
Please re-check this from your end.
- reviewhelperAnswered on June 02, 2017 at 02:44 PMI wonder what I'm doing wrong. I go in and add a tag, and it disappears
the moment I click out of edit mode. Is there something I need to do,
some button I need to press, to save my change? I even lost the span
code in the third option when, in edit mode, I just "copied" the code
from it to paste in option 2. I'm completely perplexed.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on June 02, 2017 at 04:03 PM
Try adding the spans via the field Properties > Options.
The tags may be stripped when added directly via the form editing.
- reviewhelperAnswered on June 02, 2017 at 06:43 PMAha! That does it. Thanks much.