- askmeaboutAsked on June 04, 2017 at 03:45 PM
Is it possible?
For example - if field gender contains 'man' the notification email sends to my assistant John, if contains 'woman' - to my assistant Bill.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 04, 2017 at 05:46 PM
Yes this is very much possible on the form. Please refer to our user guide on how to.
User guide: How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-User-s-Answer
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- AskMeAboutAnswered on June 04, 2017 at 06:23 PM
I have another question. Is it possible to operate in notification emails with fields submissions ? For example I need to have the name of the person who filled my form and only part of he's email without domain: mailbox@ instead of firstname.lastname@example.org for example.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on June 04, 2017 at 07:36 PM
You can remove the entire field from the email template, but unfortunately, this is not possible to get a partial content from a field string.
- AskmeaboutAnswered on June 05, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Maybe it's possible to copy the partial content of the field into another field ? Or to divide field content?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on June 05, 2017 at 01:51 PM
We have a Substring widget: https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/substring but it wouldn't be of much help since in that widget you need to specify from which to which part of the string you want to extract. And you just can not predict the length of the email address. So I'm afraid that I must agree with my colleague Mike on this one, it is not possible to extract such kind of strings.
If you have any further questions please let us know.
- AskMeAboutAnswered on June 05, 2017 at 03:54 PM
Can I use the Substring widget https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/substring to capture the characters between first character and symbol @ ?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on June 05, 2017 at 05:00 PM
Unfortunately, the substring widget support only a predefined number of characters, so it will not work in your case.
- askmeaboutAnswered on June 07, 2017 at 03:06 PM
Thanks for your anwers!
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on June 08, 2017 at 05:10 AM
If you have further questions please let us know.