- GrevAsked on April 29, 2010 at 08:47 AM
The bottom option for Thankyou page - Show message.
I cannot make the change background function work!
I would like to change it to the #html colour of choice - that has been used on the form page.
Would you be kind enough to advise me
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 30, 2010 at 01:56 AMThe HTML editor on the Thank You Message edit page is not very good. I think you should just create the page on your site and use the Custom Thank You URL option instead.
- markashtonAnswered on April 30, 2010 at 03:04 AM
Why have it then? The fact is it's there and you've made a decision for the toolbar to be available to the public domain for use. To change the background colour is a fundamental function. It sits next to the text colour function which works fine. It, however, does not work.
Are you advising me that:
1) The toolbar is not very good (e.g. source code toggle is unavailable); or
2) The toolbar does not work properly?
My requirement is to execute the background colour function. Is it supposed to work or not?
If I could add:
It is not my site, it is a client's site. I have chosen the jotform platform to deploy an enquiry form on their behalf so this route is not a goer. All I want to do is paste the code as an I frame.
Thanks, Hope you can help
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 30, 2010 at 03:24 AMYou asked about "Thank You Message" feature. You did not ask about the Toolbar or Source button. So, i am not sure why you are confusing those things now.
"Thank You Message" HTML editor can do simply things like making things on the text bold etc. But it is not very good when you need to design pages with it. We will try to improve it but whatever we do it cannot be as good as DreamWeaver or whatever desktop HTML editor you prefer. So, all I am saying is that if you need to edit the Thank You page design completely, you should probably just create the page on your own HTML editor and upload the thank you page on your (client's) site and then use the Custom Thank You URL feature.
I have no idea why you jumped to things like "Toolbar is not good" or "Source button not available" or "Toolbar does not work properly". What does it have to do with this question or with my answer???
The Full Source option is still available:
1. Click on "Setup & Share" on the toolbar tabs
2. Click on "Share Form"
3. Click on "Advanced Options"
4. Click on "Full Source Code"
- GrevAnswered on April 30, 2010 at 03:52 AM
Excuse me if there is some confusion here. It is not my intention.
I have introduced my first client to your platform. It would be much easier for me to change the background colour on your Thankyou message page than instruct them to create a custom url.
Can you instruct me if it is possible to do this? There is a toolbar with a change background colour function. I just can't seem to get it to work. Thanks for your help.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 30, 2010 at 04:36 AMSorry, you mean the HTML editor toolbar. I thought you were talking about the main toolbar on the form editor.
Unfortunately, I tried many things bug it is not possible to change the background color of the Thank You Message.