- YouBelongAsked on June 06, 2017 at 11:41 AM
I've never considered encrypting forms and have received forms encrypted. I was able to see one of the forms when it originally came in, but am no longer able to see it because it is encrypted.
How could this have happened and how do I see my forms?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on June 06, 2017 at 12:55 PM
You can disable the Encryption Form Data feature in the Form Settings page to view future submissions properly. To do that, please follow this screen animation guide:
1. Log in to your account and open your form.
2. Go to the Settings section and select the Form Settings tab.
3. Click the Show More button.
4. Scroll down and disable the Encryption Form Data by selecting the "No" in the drop-down menu.
Unfortunately, encrypted submissions can only be viewed using an encryption key. Also, could you please provide the Form ID or Form Link so we can check it further?
We'll wait for your response. Thank you.
- YouBelongAnswered on June 07, 2017 at 08:44 AMheres the form link: https://www.jotform.com/build/70434067549157
Ive played with it some today to try and figure out what might have
happened. Again, I never used encryption and am curious as to how the forms
Thanks for your support
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on June 07, 2017 at 10:26 AM
I have checked your JotForm revision history and found that the form encryption was enabled on Feb 13.
When the form encryption is enabled, you should be prompted to download the private key. This key is required to decrypt the encrypted responses. Please refer to the guide below that can help you with more information on Form encryption.
Hope this information helps! Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.