- JenaeliseAsked on June 07, 2017 at 12:20 PM
Is there a way to allow an email recipient access to only edit one question in original submission
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 07, 2017 at 01:37 PM
This is possible by doing a workaround since we don't have a feature that would restrict edits to certain fields only. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Add the Get Form Page URL widget in the form: https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/get_form_page_url.
Here's how to add a widget in the form: https://www.jotform.com/help/252-How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form.
2. Add a conditional logic to "disable" all other fields except for the field that allows edits. In the conditional logic page, choose "Enable/Required Field" option:
This setup your condition like this; to disable fields:
Here's a test edit link: https://www.jotform.com/edit/3726654613997778251.
I hope that helps. Let us know if you need additional assistance implementing this workaround.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 07, 2017 at 01:40 PM
Note that you can also hide the fields instead of disabling them. Just do this condition: https://www.jotform.com/help/196-Hide-or-Show-Multiple-Fields-at-Once.
And to avoid losing the previous entries, you need to set the Clear Hidden Field Values to "Don't Clear" in the form settings. This is very important.
- JenaeliseAnswered on June 07, 2017 at 03:30 PM
I don't understand what role the Get Form Page URL Widget must contain in order for the the other questions to be disabled. What value should I set in step 2?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 07, 2017 at 04:36 PM
You should add a condition like;
If Get Form Page URL CONTAINS the value "edit".
I have included a screenshot in step 2. Here's the screenshot again: