- NorthborococAsked on June 12, 2017 at 09:35 AM
I have used Jotform for several years, but after the latest update, I am having trouble finding things. My form does a lot of simple calculations, but sometimes I need to change the values it uses (prices for camp registration). Can you help me find where I need to go to do that? All the information I can find suggests using the calculation widget, but that just adds a new field. I want to edit the old stuff and continue using my form.
- WilliamAnswered on June 12, 2017 at 10:02 AM
Here's a sample setup of the calculation you wanted.
1. Use number element for your 'number of campers field'
2. Add a form calculation widget.
3. Create the formula for the form calculation. In my example, I choose Number of campers field multiply by 125, which is the price per person.
Follow the same format for the other fields. Let me know if you need further assistance, I'll be happy to provide you with some head start.
- NorthborococAnswered on June 12, 2017 at 04:33 PM
Thanks. However, I have done the calculations in a previous version and am really just looking for where to edit them. The calculations build on themselves. I was hoping to not have to make new fields because I fear that will mess up some of the conditional logic later on in the form. I am getting around some of that by doing calculations in the conditions tab of the "settings" and think I have enough of it worked around to be able to use the form. When it isn't critical, I will probably start from scratch because I think there are some new features that would be helpful.
Thank you for looking!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 12, 2017 at 05:35 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome! Open a new thread if you need anything else, we will be glad to assist you.