- sjnaustinAsked on June 12, 2017 at 01:21 PM
I see that I can 'add collaborators' and also have submissions sent to various email accounts. My question then is twofold:
1) Adding collaborators allows other people (invited by me) to be able to edit form details, correct?
2) And, under 'Settings', 'Recipients', and 'Recipient Email'...when I enter someone else's email there, will that person be able to see the submission of all the form elements?
Thanks for any help!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 12, 2017 at 02:43 PM
1) Correct, the collaborators feature is just to have others helping you to build the form. However, it is not meant to allow the to access the form submissions.
2) No, that person will be able to see just one submission per notification. Not all the submissions at once.
If you want to provide full access to a form to a another person, but you do not want to provide access to your account, you can simply add the other person's account under yours as a "Sub-user", in that way, you can grant access to edit your form, and also to see the submissions: https://www.jotform.com/help/232-How-to-Share-Forms-with-a-Sub-account-User
Let us know if you have more questions, we will be glad to assist you.
- sjnaustinAnswered on June 12, 2017 at 02:50 PM
Re #2, this person would still receive a notification email when someone signs up, correct? And they'd be able to see all the fields/responses for just that one person in that notification email?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on June 12, 2017 at 04:11 PM
The notification will be sent as per the recipient email addresses provided in the email notification irrespective of sub-account user or a collaborator. Each notification will be including the information filled for that particular submission only. If there are multiple submissions, separate notifications will be sent after submitting the form with the form filled information.
Hope this information helps!