- DebbieSchooleyAsked on July 29, 2012 at 04:46 PM
Hi ... I had 4 registrations but only received the first 3 in email notifications. When I discovered the fourth by going to your website I tried to email it to myself twice, and it never went through. I'm new to jotform. Am I doing something wrong?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 29, 2012 at 06:33 PM
Can you please tell us which email address is not recieving the notification?
I checked the email addresses in your registration form which have 2 notifications / 1 autoresponder email , but the email accounts are not in the bounce lists and have logs that shows emails are sent to the accounts.
Will await your update.
- DebbieSchooleyAnswered on July 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Hi ... thanks for getting back to me! The last registration did not come to my email account ... that's firstname.lastname@example.org. When I discovered it in my file at jotform I tried to "forward" it to myself at email@example.com and it did not forward either.
Thanks Jonathan. Up until this snafu I was very very happy with jotform.... like I said, I'm new but this seemed like a great option for our business forms.
Let me know what you think the problem is. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM
I checked again the email log for the form... so far you have 4 submissions on that form, and the latest was 07/23/2012 . As you can see on the log, all 4 submissions notification had been sent out including the latest (see arrow, and date/time of log)
I was also able to test the email forward by forwarding one of the submission to this email account.
Please check if perhaps your AOL email client is filtering messages from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please update us if issue persists.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 30, 2012 at 04:09 AM
Did you check your AOL account's Spam folder for the missing notifications? Like what my colleague has mentioned, AOL probably intercepted those messages.
If you find them in your Spam folder, and you are using a web browser to access your emails, right-click on each of the messages then click "Not Spam" in the context menu that appears.
- DebbieSchooleyAnswered on July 30, 2012 at 09:24 AMHi Neil;
no ... the notifications did not go to my spam file. I just double-checked ... but I had already done a full search of all my mail. Any other thoughts on what I might check?
- DebbieSchooleyAnswered on July 30, 2012 at 09:25 AMHI AGAIN NEIL;
I'm going to do a test registration and see if I get it...
I'll let you know
- DebbieSchooleyAnswered on July 30, 2012 at 09:35 AMSo Neil,
When I did a test registration using JOTFORM I got the responder, but I did not get the auto-response that should have gone to the registrant. I went back into "edit" of my form and did a test email for auto-response. That I DID receive. I am now concerned that my customers are not going to get their auto response.
I am about to do a Groupon campaign and I am very nervous about these forms. I have been raving about your company, but now I'm having second thoughts. Is there something I'm doing wrong? How can we iron out these notificaton/auto-response snafus???
- DebbieSchooleyAnswered on July 30, 2012 at 09:47 AMWell, it may say that one was sent for that last registration (July 23 11:30:40), but I did not receive it. I did a thorough email search an it did not come up, so I didn't just miss it. And, how do you explain that I didn't not get an auto-response today when I did a test registration??
Please help because I feel committed to using JOTFORM but I have to be able to rely on it.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 30, 2012 at 02:47 PM
For notifications, please use email@example.com to ensure maximum email deliverability.
Anyway, I have configured your form's notifications to use that address as the sender email. After doing some tests, I was able to receive both the notification and the autoresponder on my AOL account.
- DebbieSchooleyAnswered on July 30, 2012 at 06:16 PM
Ok Neil ... sounds good. Thanks for testing it out for me. I'll make those changes.