- rentasotaAsked on June 15, 2017 at 04:10 PM
I need a plain text email in order to have my system import and create a record. I am experiencing the same issue in that I do what is instructed. Then send the test email and am told it has rich text formatting. I open the email inside jotform and there's the formatting.
Note: I am typing the message in the actual email body after deleting the entire source code.
No matter what I do I can't get rid of the formatting and keep it gone.
CREATE NEW MSG
CHECK MSG AND SEE RTF
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 15, 2017 at 04:23 PM
I tried to create a plain text email and indeed, HTML tags are being automatically added:
Even when deleting everything from the source code section and adding text to the body of the email.
I will forward this to our developers to have a look. We will let you know as soon as we have any updates.
- ArtieAnswered on June 23, 2017 at 08:47 AM
Any update yet? I really need plan text mode work again! I have several notification going to cell phone as text messages. Plan text mode is required!!!
- rentasotaAnswered on June 23, 2017 at 09:04 AM
Yes, I agree - plain text is very important. Please let us know when fixed. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on June 23, 2017 at 10:45 AM
Unfortunately this issue is still not resolved. One of our developers is assigned to this thread and priority is set to important. If there is any update we will inform you via this thread.
I saw that you reported same issue on this thread as well https://www.jotform.com/answers/1181722.
We will update you on that thread as well when this issue is resolved.
- LarryMoralesAnswered on July 03, 2017 at 12:11 PM
Any update on this yet? I spent time creating forms with custom formatting just to find out that the emails are unable to send in plain text.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on July 03, 2017 at 01:27 PM
I saw that you reported your issue on this thread as well https://www.jotform.com/answers/1190066.
We will provide you an answer there shortly.
- JotForm DeveloperasilAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 06:01 AM
We serve our emails in html format. We can delete automatically-added p tags from body part; however, sent email will have body and head tags. I should also mention that you will lose your customized design. If it is okay with you, please let me know.
- LarryMoralesAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 07:44 AM
I'm pretty sure I answer for everyone with this issue. All we are trying to do is prevent the text editor from creating HTML tags. We need a raw plain text sent to our client's CRM tool. The text contains a code that is read by the CRM tool then parsed into the database.
We need plain text NOT RICH TEXT sent via email.
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 09:50 AM
I have informed the developer assigned to this thread. You are going to be updated soon regarding this issue.
Thanks in advance for your patience.
- LarryMoralesAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 10:35 AM
I thought you were a developer and at this point we may be forced to move our forms elsewhere. Is this going to take months again for an answer?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 11:47 AM
The most recent follow up came from our support staff. We have sent another request to see if fully plain text emails are a possibility. As of this time though, it appears as though fully plain text emails with all HTML being stripped may not be a possibility.
- JotForm DeveloperasilAnswered on November 07, 2017 at 05:44 AM
Hello LarryMorales, which forms should send emails in plain text format? Is it all of them or just several? Thank you.
- LarryMoralesAnswered on November 08, 2017 at 11:23 AM
All of them. Thanks
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 08, 2017 at 12:16 PM
Thank you, the developer assigned will follow up as soon as they can.