- MACSchoolAsked on June 16, 2017 at 03:56 PM
We are in the process of switching our email from our ISP provider's service (Dreamhost) to Google for Education/ G Suite. Email in general is working for us (sending and receiving). But, the email notifications for our forms stopped working. Any idea why and how to fix it?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 16, 2017 at 04:48 PM
It appears like you are using you own SMTP settings, can you try switching to "firstname.lastname@example.org" as the sender email? If it works with it, it means that the SMTP credentials are not correct, or our SMTP sending method is not working. Please confirm, so we can report this to our back-end team if that is the case.
- MACSchoolAnswered on June 19, 2017 at 08:43 AMHi
I figured out where to change the sender email (in account settings). But I
don't know what to use for the SMTP settings.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 19, 2017 at 10:42 AM
You need to contact your IT Department or the hosting provider for the SMTP details. It is important that the details are correct, should be the details that are given by the email provider.
- MACSchoolAnswered on June 19, 2017 at 12:43 PMHi
Actually I was wondering about the SMTP settings for email@example.com. I
assume I get those from you? Sorry if not.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 19, 2017 at 12:48 PM
I'm sorry, but we do not provide any SMTP. The SMTP is there for adding your own custom sender email in the form. GSuite provides you an SMTP, you can find it here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en.