- RodneyHandAsked on June 22, 2017 at 02:39 PM
when i click submit on my form, nothing is happening.
I need the submissions to go to my email.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on June 22, 2017 at 03:23 PM
I checked your web page, but I didn't find any JotForm form on it. Can you please guide us where can we find the embedded form?
You can change the email recipient of the notification so that you can receive the form submission to your email address. Here's how:
1. In the Form Builder, click the "Settings" in the top menu. Go to the "Emails" section. Select the Notification and then click the "Edit" button.
2. Go to the "Recipients" tab. Here you'll see the Recipient Emails where you can add or remove a recipient.
3. Click the "Save" button when you're done.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- RodneyHandAnswered on June 22, 2017 at 03:26 PM
I figured out how to change the email as listed above. The jotform form i made is on our page
I also need the jotform footer off.
We have a folder in our account called typeadesign and that should allow us to take the footer off.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 22, 2017 at 03:46 PM
You are sharing us an admin-only link. Please view the page and share its actual URL.
If the submit button is not responding, it is likely a conflict in the page which is caused by the default embed script. You can fix this problem by re-embedding the form using our iframe method:
As for the Footer branding, the form is created on your account which is subscribed to our free plan. The footer can only be removed when you are on the paid plan. We can move the form to the account that you have mentioned, please confirm if you want us to do it.