- pwjmAsked on June 22, 2017 at 07:46 PM
made a contact form. customer is suppose to be able to upload files, to me. but form does not search for files. when I click on the "pick file" button, nothing happens.
Any idea what is wrong?
Website is Benchmarkpatches.com In the main menu, the link titled "Contact Us-Send Design-Free Quote". Click on title and the contact form will open. But as I said it wont work for me. I can fill in name and email and type in message and send it, but I cannot upload file.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 22, 2017 at 07:57 PM
I found that you were using the Filepicker.io widget on your form. This widget is no longer available and supported.
I recommend using the newer similar upload widget to replace your upload widget on the form.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- pwjmAnswered on June 23, 2017 at 11:44 AMClicked the link to uploadcare, set up new contact form and added to my
website. On my site I attempted to use the form. Was able to enter name and
email and add message, when I added image to upload I received a pop up box
saying I needed an API KEY. So click on the link to get the key. Ended up
at uploadcare website and filled out all kind of information but of course
no API KEY, not that I would have know what to do with it if I had received
- SvenAnswered on June 23, 2017 at 01:34 PM
I have just tested your form and was able to select a file and upload, you can see my test submission.
Please note that files uploaded via the computer option will be deleted after 30 days unless you have a custom kloudless App ID.
To get that, please sign up for a developer account at https://kloudless.com, and create an app, and the configure a location to save the uploaded files to on the App details page in the developer portal.
Once you've done that, you can add the API key to the widget properties.
Otherwise, you can continue to use the widget without issues, but your attachments will be deleted after 30 days.
Hope this helps, let us know if you need any further help.
- pwjmAnswered on June 23, 2017 at 02:43 PMYes Sven I did get the Kloudless to work. But if you read my last email you
would know that I was not referring to Kloudless.
I was referring to uploadcare. This was the form I choose first. Would
appreciate a response to my question from last email
- SvenAnswered on June 23, 2017 at 02:56 PM
Apologies for not attending your question.
To get your API key, you need to sign up to https://uploadcare.com/ you will then be able to get the key. After that, simply copy your key and paste it into the Public Key field in the widget properties.
Let us know if you need any further help.
- pwjmAnswered on June 23, 2017 at 07:43 PMI told you I already set up an account but have not received a Key and
cannot find any place on the site to get a key
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 23, 2017 at 10:37 PM
You can easily see the Get API key in the Uploadcare main site https://uploadcare.com/
I checked it again and I can see it available at this time.
If you are still having issue getting your API key, I recommend you review the Uploadcare FAQ page here https://uploadcare.com/about/faq/
Let us know if you are still not able to resolve it.
- pwjmAnswered on June 23, 2017 at 11:43 PMof course I click on that link. Have tried it 3 times. Cannot find the API
Key. Just tell me all the steps to find the key.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on June 24, 2017 at 04:15 AM
Here is how to find the API key:
1) Go to https://uploadcare.com/dashboard/,
2) Click your project:
3) Click API Keys and copy your key from there:
If you have any further questions please get back to us.