- ARCORACIAsked on June 29, 2017 at 02:20 PM
Is there a way to create an alias for a question header in the Inventory Widget? We're trying to do this so that when we convert the information into an excel file, it makes the information easier to read and more compact.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 29, 2017 at 05:41 PM
I am sorry but I am not able to fully understand the requirements. If you can provide more details, we'll check for workaround on how to achieve what you need.
Just to give you more idea, the widget label name is the one being used in the submission data column header when you download the data. i.e. in Excel, spreadsheet and other reports.
You can change the Question Text (label name) of the widget in the properties Advance option. You can change it to what you prefer as easier to understand.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on June 30, 2017 at 10:51 AM
Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the labels when downloading a report, they will be the same you have specified on the form builder.
As a workaround, you could inject some CSS code to your form in order to set up different labels to your form, please follow the steps below.
1. Copy the label ID by right clicking on it and selecting the inspect option:
2. Replace the IDs on the code below with the IDs you have copied, set up the label you want in the report under the field settings, on the code below set the label you want to display on your form:
content: "Label ";
This code will help you to inject the code to your form: https://www.jotform.com/help/117-How-to-Inject-Custom-CSS-Codes
This will need to be done with all the fields on your form.
Hope this helps.