- sander_j4sAsked on August 08, 2012 at 07:33 AM
I have 3 forms that are sync'd with Google Docs. The sync'd entries have a 'submission id' column. I'd like to use this column to identify each entry.
However, before I can do this I must be sure about the next things:
- Is every submission ID unique? Can an entry from form X have the same submission ID as an entry from form Y? In other words, is the ID unique for the specific form, or is it unique for EVERY entry jotform has?
- Is the length of every submission ID equal (the same # of characters)?
thx in advance
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 08, 2012 at 08:09 AM
Thanks for asking.
Each submission made via a particular form has a different (unique) ID from all other submissions made via that same form.
To the best of my knowledge, form IDs are all the same length (18 digits).
The form ID is the string of digits you see at the end of each form's URL. No two form's IDs are the same. That's why when a form is cloned, it's ID is different from that of the original.
Do let us know if you need further assistance with this.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 08, 2012 at 08:22 AM
My apologies. I just re-read your question and to be honest, I don't know if it's possible to have two submissions from different forms with matching IDs. I don't know if part of a submission ID's string identifies it (for want of a better term) as belonging to a specific form.
I'll need to get back to you on this.