- pbmealprepAsked on July 06, 2017 at 06:50 AM
I use Square to process payments on my order form. I have had 6 or 7 submissions but on 3 of the transactions, it's not processing the amount of the purchase. It's actually zeroing out the order and there isn't a charge. It looks as though they have ordered but no payment exists. I have looked back at their order forms and compared them to the ones that I've actually received payment from, and that's the only common thing I can find. Can you help? I really need this issue fixed before the weekend. Here's an example of the forms:
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on July 06, 2017 at 11:06 AM
We are sorry for the inconvenience you have.
I have checked your form named "PB Meal Prep Order Form" and cloned it on my side in order to test it. I have seen that you do not have any form calculation widget or any condition in order to calculate the prices based on user's choices. Currently, as the total pricing seems to be $0.00 in some cases, you did not receive their payments.
Please check the following guide for detailed information: https://www.jotform.com/help/323-Mastering-Payment-Form-Integrations-with-JotForm adjust your form by following the steps explained in the guide.
Moreover, please find the following guides that might be helpful:
Please try and if you need further assistance, let us know.
Thanks in advance.
- pbmealprepAnswered on July 06, 2017 at 05:43 PMI will configure as you have stated but this isn't happening on every
transaction. It happened to a few. Will this fix the issue for these few
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on July 06, 2017 at 06:40 PM
To clarify this, do you want to calculate the total amount to be charged using the regular form fields, or using the payment field?
- pbmealprepAnswered on July 06, 2017 at 07:43 PMThe payment field. But I'm also curious to know whey this happened with just a few clients and not all.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 06, 2017 at 11:04 PM
I checked your form (https://www.jotform.us/form/71844714843159) and cloned it on my end. I noticed that the payment field is required on your form so the clients should not be able to submit the form without selecting an item or a product.
However, please note that if the total amount on the Payment field is $0.00, no payments will be received but you can receive their submissions. That could be the reason why some clients can submit your form or order without making payments.
To prevent this, you can also try setting up the quantity range from 1to 100 so that there is a default quantity or amount on the payment field and to be sure that the clients will make payments on your form.
Hope this helps.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- pbmealprepAnswered on July 07, 2017 at 05:43 AMOk. That makes sense however, if I choose a range from 1-100, can they choose zero? Some clients may not want to choose that option so I have to have zero as an option. Is this where the calculation widget comes into play?
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on July 07, 2017 at 11:30 AM
It looks like that you want to charge the user using the calculation widget. If you want to pass the calculation value to the payment field, it is required to choose User Defined amount in the Payment type option in the Payment wizard.
Please refer to the guide below to pass the calculated value to a payment field.
However, in this case, it is not possible to configure any other products in the payment field when you choose User Defined amount. To perform a calculation using the Input table (Matrix field), please refer to the guide below:
To answer your question for the payment field quantity range, when the range is set to 1 it is possible to uncheck the product so that it will not be added to the final price. You may set the required field option of the product as No to enable the user to select/unselect the product.
Hope this information helps! Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.