- KristaXothermAsked on July 06, 2017 at 09:34 PM
Hello! After I hit submit on a form, how do I go back and edit the submission on the app? When I try to view the form, it clears the information from the last submission.
I'd like to be able to save my progress and re-visit/edit my entries, if possible. Can this been done?
Thanks so much!
- WilliamRAnswered on July 06, 2017 at 11:47 PM
Once the form is submitted, it will auto clear. This is to give way for another submission, so it clears the form and make it ready.
The data will auto clear once the form is submitted, now when you submit the form, the data will be cleared from the storage. But, I think you can access to the data saved in your history or in your browser's cache,
I think it is the only way to access the previous entered data once the form us submitted, and it will be there until you clear your browser's history or cache.
Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other concerns.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 06, 2017 at 11:47 PM
Clearing the form data in the browser after submitting the form is actually a security feature of the browser. This is how browsers protect form data from being stolen.
If data were not being cleared after a form is finally submitted, it will be easy for another person who will use the computer/device to access or steal the data of the previous person/user.
Our form have an Autofill feature that save local data on your browser. This will allow you to get back to the form and continue the session. But do take note that once the form is submitted it will still clear the data.
You can review our user guide here: How-to-Enable-Auto-Fill-on-Forms
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- roseboltAnswered on July 10, 2017 at 12:13 PMI'm having just the opposite issue. Once a form is submitted, if I hit the back button, all the information is still there. I thought it was a setting issue, but I can't find any setting that will make it disappear correctly. We use the forms at our church to sign up for different classes, and using the back button is the easiest way to prepare the form for the next person. Any suggestions?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on July 10, 2017 at 02:41 PM
I have moved your question to separate thread and we will provide you an answer there shortly.