- fleurbAsked on July 10, 2017 at 09:10 AM
I would like to print a PDF version of my form (to have a record of the fields and questions asked, not in order to gather more data), and cannot see how to do it.
I have tried downloading a PDF version of the form, by chosing that option on the dropdown list from "my forms" and I just receive a "working" message with a dial going round on the top of the screen (above the 'my forms' list) which seems to go on indefinitely.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on July 10, 2017 at 09:14 AM
Yes it is possible to create a PDF of your form:
- fleurbAnswered on July 10, 2017 at 09:20 AM
Erm... if you'd read to the end of my message, you'd see I had already tried that. Please advise.
- fleurbAnswered on July 10, 2017 at 09:31 AM
Ah! It worked! just took a longer time than I expected - sorry for my curt reply before...
However, the formatting of teh PDF form is horrible! I'm very glad I didn't have to send it to anyone or use to collect data - it's practically impossible to read.
I suggest workingto improve this feature.
- fleurbAnswered on July 10, 2017 at 09:37 AM
Actually, the PDF form does not work as a record of the form contents either, as I cannot read the text of the questions
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on July 10, 2017 at 12:12 PM
I can reproduce your problem here. So the next step is to submit a bug report. The development team will investigage the issue. And you will be notified of any progress from this thread.
- fleurbAnswered on July 10, 2017 at 12:48 PM
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on July 18, 2017 at 09:15 AM
We are sorry for this inconvenience.
There might have been so many things which cause this problem. Mainly, if there is any injected CSS or if there is any field shrinked or if the form height does not fit the A4 paper size, the PDF form could have this problem. So, we strongly suggest you to clone your form to make following changes on your form in order to get a PDF without problem.
1. Clone your form
2. Delete your css if you have injected any.
3. Unshrink field if you have already shrinked.
4. Add page break to your form to fit it to A4 paper size. If you have already page break, please try to change page break position.
Please also note that when you add page break to your form or change position of them, there is still a possibility that the same problem will happen again. So, please try several times to get the best fit. Since, the code to download form as PDF seems have conflict if any of the above thinks exist.