- jflahertyAsked on July 17, 2017 at 02:25 PM
We are having quite a few people coming into the pharmacy saying that they requested refills online through the web site but we do not have any emails.
The email address it is going to is email@example.com
I had my IT guy check this email address and it is working.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 17, 2017 at 02:52 PM
The email address has been bounced listed.
firstname.lastname@example.org is IN the bounce list
Reason(s) : Recipient address rejected: unverified address: Address verification in progress
You are using a custom sender email in the form. Per the reason above, it seems that your hosting provider has detected the form as spam due to an unverified email address.
Instead of adding the custom sender email by verification method, use the STMP: https://www.jotform.com/help/244-How-to-Setup-SMTP-for-a-Form. Your IT person know this.
- jflahertyAnswered on July 17, 2017 at 03:03 PM
Can you please update those steps for me?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 17, 2017 at 03:33 PM
Since we do not have the SMTP settings, username or password for your email address, SMTP is not something we can set up for you on our end. Those details are also not something you should share.
If you want to continue sending from your address, you would need to set up SMTP:
You can also change the sender email to "email@example.com" and the emails should send once again from our services.
- jflahertyAnswered on July 17, 2017 at 03:36 PM
WHat I don't understand is if this was working and what would make it stop working on my end?
SO if I change the sender email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" The emails will be received at email@example.com?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 17, 2017 at 03:37 PM
Yes, the emails will still be received at the same address. You are using a custom sender email in the form. Per the reason above, it seems that your hosting provider has detected the form as spam due to an unverified email address.
- jflahertyAnswered on July 17, 2017 at 03:40 PM
Great! I will give it a try right now!
- jflahertyAnswered on July 17, 2017 at 03:43 PMAre you able to update this for me? He is not available right now and I need the emails to start coming in. Why does this go to the bounce list when it has been working and then just stops?
Student Health Services
University of South Florida
4202 E Fowler Ave SHS100
Tampa, FL 33620-6750
• (813) 974-0827
6 (813) 974-8910
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 17, 2017 at 03:50 PM
Emails get bounced when they are rejected by the recipient address. It could be a filter your email provider has in place for verified sender addresses. It looks like sender address has already been updated to "firstname.lastname@example.org". New submissions should now be sending from that address.