- FedericoAsked on August 13, 2012 at 04:07 PMForm over quotaThis form has exceeded its allocated quota.i need help.thx
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on August 13, 2012 at 05:48 PM
This happens when you've reached the maximum amount of submissions allowed per your plan. You can easily upgrade your plan to avoid this issue for future reference and then when you no longer need it just downgrade back to the free plan if you want.
Hope this helps. If you have more questions about pricing please see here: http://www.jotform.com/pricing/
- pinoytechAnswered on August 13, 2012 at 06:18 PM
Upon checking your form id: 22232190628347, I found out that your form was created under free account using "gotfede" as the username of the account and you're not yet exceeded the monthly submission limit of your account. However, can you please try to delete your browser cache and cookies and do let us know if the said issue still persist or not so we can further assist you.
- ElBodorrioAnswered on April 11, 2016 at 05:55 AM
- BenAnswered on April 11, 2016 at 06:32 AM
I have moved your post to a new thread here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/815162
In future I suggest opening a new thread, which you can do by going here: https://www.jotform.com/contact/ instead of posting on an old thread like this one - from 2012.
We will be answering shortly on that new thread and please do continue with the conversation on the same.