- keith583Asked on July 20, 2017 at 10:44 AM
i want text fields, really EVERYTHING visible in the form when it's being filled out, to show up in the email notification and pdf. how do i do this?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on July 20, 2017 at 01:29 PM
You can customize the email notification using the email editor. Here's how:
1. Click "Settings" in the top menu and then go to "Emails" section. Select the notification and then click the "Edit" button.
2. You'll see the "Email Content Editor" where you can customize the email message.
3. Click the "Save" button when you're done.
For the PDF submission, I recommend you enable the "Show Headers and Texts" option on the Submissions page. Here's a guide: How-to-Show-Headers-and-Text-in-the-PDF.
You may also use the PDF Template Designer to customize the PDF submission. Here's a guide: How-to-Customize-PDF-Submissions-Report.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- keith583Answered on July 20, 2017 at 04:39 PM
The problem with the first option is that none of the text fields show as options in the dropdown FORM FIELDS. are you saying i have to copy and pasted any text i want to show up, into the email content form?
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on July 20, 2017 at 04:50 PM
You can try deleting the notification and adding a default one again. It should automatically include every field.
- keith583Answered on July 20, 2017 at 05:01 PM
Huh? it includes every field that has a filled field, but what about the text fields, headlines, etc.?
- keith583Answered on July 20, 2017 at 05:02 PM
as for the pdf customization, does that have to be done with every submission moving forward?
- keith583Answered on July 20, 2017 at 05:15 PM
PLEASE HELP. i have spent two months on this form and now i may have to throw the whole thing away because the copy i have to give to the customer looks like a jumbled mess.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on July 20, 2017 at 08:39 PM
It is easy to fix for all submission PDFs, just enable a 'Show Headers and Texts' option, please see the next guide.
So, if you would like to provide users with submission PDFs, you may consider adding an Autoresponder with enabled 'PDF Attachment' option.
However, there is no way to automatically include text data into the email body.