- alanketchaAsked on July 28, 2017 at 11:05 AM
Before I try this, I need to verify how the edit works. My forms include charging to a credit card. So the original submittal has the charge go through and billed to the customer/golfer.
Now I want to go in and add or change some info that will not change anything about the payment. I.E. I want to make chnages but not have a payment processed. What will mu form do if I make a change such as adding in a team name.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 28, 2017 at 01:24 PM
If you want to avoid making changes to specific fields upon edit mode, you can hide those fields on edit mode, as shown on this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/389-How-to-Show-or-Hide-Fields-on-Edit-URL
Or, you can simply disable them, so the user will see them in edit mode, but won't be able to change their values: https://www.jotform.com/help/371-How-to-Enable-Disable-Fields-Using-Conditional-Logic
Let us know if you need more help, we will be glad to assist you.
- alanketchaAnswered on July 28, 2017 at 03:44 PMSo if I put a "disable on edit" on the Stripe payment field(s), the SUBMIT will simply update the fields I change and skip passing anything to Stripe. CORRECT?
Also, from other questions and answers I read, it appears I would have to take other steps to prevent an updated email being sent to the original registrant. Correct?
Sent from BlueMail
- alanketchaAnswered on July 28, 2017 at 03:44 PMBTW, thank you guys for such timely response. It is a pleasant experience to get such quick response.
Sent from BlueMail
- alanketchaAnswered on July 28, 2017 at 04:43 PMNew response receivedFrom a quick look at your reply I thought there was a (system) field that told me I was in edit mode. When I went to add this, I realised that was not the case. So how do I determine I am in edit mode. (the field you show as “***URL” does not exist in my form. At lleast not that I am aware.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 28, 2017 at 05:56 PM
You need to add the widget called "Get Form Page URL", as explained on this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/389-How-to-Show-or-Hide-Fields-on-Edit-URL
So, here are the steps:
1. Add the Get Form Page URL Widget to your form.
Related guide: How to Add a Widget to your Form
2. Create the "Disable condition" https://www.jotform.com/help/371-How-to-Enable-Disable-Fields-Using-Conditional-Logic